What have you done to your bike today....

stevethegoolie

Sword of Fenrir
Went for a ride last Monday and on the way home I called in, on the off chance, to see if I could get it MOT'd while I was there. Just had to wait until he finished the one he was doing, which was fine by me. Even got a free coffee while I waited. Test wasn't due until next week but as I was passing it seemed a good idea (bike passed okay fortunately). I managed to get a couple of pictures of the bike waiting to be tested, but, I used my smart phone (the first one I've had!!) and as yet I've not worked out how to get said pictures from there to here. Far too advanced for an old fart like me ..... but I'll get there - possibly! Clever little bugger it is though. SWMBO has one the same, and between us we managed a video call via whatsapp to a removal company yesterday - saves 'em coming out to see how much rubbish you are taking to the new property and then how much they can sting you for. Fookin' hate moving, and the bike will have to follow on a bit later, or so I'm told! SIGH!!!!

DD67

The Peace Keeper
Staff member
I managed to get a couple of pictures of the bike waiting to be tested, but, I used my smart phone (the first one I've had!!) and as yet I've not worked out how to get said pictures from there to here. Far too advanced for an old fart like me ..... but I'll get there - possibly!
Sign in to the forum from your phone Steve.
Then uploading the photos will be a piece of cake! 🙂

Oops, that's torn it!
Mentioning cake always equals a thread derailment 😳

stevethegoolie

Sword of Fenrir
Ooh look! I seem to have posted a photo of me bike taken on and loaded directly from my smartphone, waiting for it's MOT as per an earlier post of mine. You were right, Jez, it is quite simple really - even for a stumbly like me. I guess it was about time that I tried to join the 21st century. I think that I have impressed myself!! Easy for you lot - I'm playing catch-up! Be gentle with me.😊

Attachments

• IMG_20210803_142456348.jpg
    IMG_20210803_142456348.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 14

stevethegoolie

Sword of Fenrir
Do you not suffer from a bad dose of the wheelies if you fill the topbox with heavy items?
Not really. I did that once many years ago with my '69 Bonneville which went into slow speed tank slapper when I set off. Lesson learned. Actually, Tridents are wheelie prone anyway - allegedly. Had the front wheel lifting gently a few times when I got a bit over enthusiastic!

Don the Don

Legendary Knight
Today I fitted a motone fork brace to the Bonnie and had a little bimble along the local lanes and saw an old colleague from way back on his Ducati Diavel he has had them since they first came out, he was an ex RAF painter sprayer re-spraying the Tornado and ground equipment,

Them where the days before those bastid contractors and PFI crap when you could get jobs done like resprays on motorbikes and such " fancy your bike Tornado nose cone black mate" had a very nice Yamaha 750 painted Red once very nice job.

Anyway this mate as well as his love of Ducati Diavels had a Ducati S2R monster 06 sitting in his shed, what a gem of a bike must stop seeing old pals with bikes I already purchased the Bonnie or the Speedmaster will have to go.

Ducati Monster S2R 800 very nice indeed
R (1).jpg

Doc Strange

Legendary Knight
Little blast on the Daytona yesterday.

But riding something different today as I'm doing a Blood Bike shift and we've got some new wheels - Honda NC750X

Initial impressions are that it's light and nimble, as you'd expect and the engine is smooth with enough oomph for a bike of its type.

Brakes work but are rather wooden and lack feel.

Suspension OK.

Generally, you can see it has been built to a price - things like the panniers don't have that old school Honda quality that previous Hondas I've had have had.

Overall, fine for the job, but would rather have a Guzzi V850 TT or the BMW 900 GS I reckon.

DS

DD67

The Peace Keeper
Staff member
Little blast on the Daytona yesterday.

But riding something different today as I'm doing a Blood Bike shift and we've got some new wheels - Honda NC750X

Initial impressions are that it's light and nimble, as you'd expect and the engine is smooth with enough oomph for a bike of its type.

Brakes work but are rather wooden and lack feel.

Suspension OK.

Generally, you can see it has been built to a price - things like the panniers don't have that old school Honda quality that previous Hondas I've had have had.

Overall, fine for the job, but would rather have a Guzzi V850 TT or the BMW 900 GS I reckon.

DS
Does it have the auto gearbox Doc?
If it's brand new, the brakes may improve with use.

Sarky B’stard

Legendary Knight
Today I fitted a motone fork brace to the Bonnie and had a little bimble along the local lanes and saw an old colleague from way back on his Ducati Diavel he has had them since they first came out, he was an ex RAF painter sprayer re-spraying the Tornado and ground equipment,

Them where the days before those bastid contractors and PFI crap when you could get jobs done like resprays on motorbikes and such " fancy your bike Tornado nose cone black mate" had a very nice Yamaha 750 painted Red once very nice job.

Anyway this mate as well as his love of Ducati Diavels had a Ducati S2R monster 06 sitting in his shed, what a gem of a bike must stop seeing old pals with bikes I already purchased the Bonnie or the Speedmaster will have to go.

Ducati Monster S2R 800 very nice indeed
View attachment 9246
The Navy used to do quality chrome! We ended up with a handf of Army REME shipwrights when the RN had none!