What have you done to your bike today....

T

The Departed

I'm thinking of getting a power commander V to go with my new can and getting it tuned. Does anyone know any tuners around the Madchester area?

Daytona

Legendary Knight
Busy day tuesday, had a run out on the T150 did 40 odd miles and it ran great. Parked up n checked it yesterday no oil leaks so happy wiith that side of things. Still not happy with steering though. I think tge previous owner has omitted a spacer so i need to check that but will buy tge spacer 1st to save time pissing about.
Also sold the Hyde Harrier. Its new home will be in Australia .couldn't have sold it to someone much farther away :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Update the spacer has been left out, handling should be a bit better now, bearings were dry as feck as well. the PO really was a useless TWAT

Last edited:

Freck

Legendary Knight
I’ve used hilltop motorcycles ,bloody brilliant job,you send the ecu off to them and they send it back in a couple of days.Not cheap but it should transform your bike.
There’s been quite a bit of negative feedback about Hilltop over the last couple of years, especially about their postal tuning service so I’d be cautious there.
Got to give a +1 for J33 that @Daytona suggested though. Andy is a top bloke and certainly knows his Triumphs. When I last spoke to him he was planning to expand his repertoire into BMWs and other marques that have more difficult to crack ECUs.
He’s definitely worth having a chat to.

Doc Strange

Legendary Knight
Well it was Tuesday rather than today, but it takes me this long to remember how to download pics off my phone, so I have delayed reporting on the Triumph trackday until now.

All went well - circuit better than I feared, good facilities, good crowd, both riders and staff.

The Daytona worked perfectly. My mate took a detour off into a cornfield but emerged unhurt. In fact while there were a couple of red flagged session, nobody got hurt, and the guy's engine exploding and spreading oil over the straight happened in the last session before lunch so all sorted by the time we started again.

A couple of original Speed Trips were there, and a couple from the 955i era along with another 955i Dayt like mine, but mainly modern Street and Speed Trips. Although one guy on a Thruxton certainly had it on song!

DSIMG_0607.JPGIMG_0606.JPGIMG_0609.JPGIMG_0608.JPGIMG_0611.JPGIMG_0612.JPG

Holy Shit

Legendary Knight
There’s been quite a bit of negative feedback about Hilltop over the last couple of years, especially about their postal tuning service so I’d be cautious there.
Got to give a +1 for J33 that @Daytona suggested though. Andy is a top bloke and certainly knows his Triumphs. When I last spoke to him he was planning to expand his repertoire into BMWs and other marques that have more difficult to crack ECUs.
He’s definitely worth having a chat to.
Didn’t have a problem,totally positive experience with Hilltop and their result.I don’t take too much notice of social media,I certainly wouldn’t trust trip advisor,why take notice of comments either positive or negative from total strangers?And yes I’m in that category too along with almost everybody else on this forum,with a few notable exceptions.

Scrappy

Legendary Knight
Fitted the new shocks, and also fitted some new Pazzo levers. I got the new levers for their adjustability and because they look so much better than the stock levers, but to my surprise they seem to have improved the feel of the brake. I don't know why that would be so, but they do feel better 😕.

So then went out for a little test ride 😁

IMG_20210812_185048832.jpg
IMG_20210812_185103186.jpg
IMG_20210812_185033428.jpg

Sarky B’stard

Legendary Knight
Fitted the new shocks, and also fitted some new Pazzo levers. I got the new levers for their adjustability and because they look so much better than the stock levers, but to my surprise they seem to have improved the feel of the brake. I don't know why that would be so, but they do feel better 😕.

So then went out for a little test ride 😁

View attachment 9373
View attachment 9374
View attachment 9372
Subtle difference in leverage, span….could explain it……as could the placebo effect on your wallet 🤣