What have you done to your bike today....

half ton

Legendary Knight
You'll wait till the Matchbox is on the road though, surely?
Probably not mate,I need to get the Matchless finished and if I am bike less then it will spur me on to doing it, Financially the cash from the Bonnie would do more than finish the bike,It would square me up a little more heading into retirement as I want to be debt free when I ease off the work peddle...just a few hours labour a week to help with the bills would be nice and I think I have that sorted helping my son and a mate ( £££'s )

Just got to pluck up the courage to move it on,I'm sure I will miss it but it's time to get things sorted. :cry:

Old Nick

Legendary Knight
Couple of weeks ago I ran over some rocks lying in the road and the bike didn’t handle well afterwards, so having checked the rims and pressures last week to see if it gave much of an improvement checked the wheel alignment today and found one side was one flat out on the adjuster :oops:

Now this surprised me on two counts1. That hitting a rock in the road could send the rear wheel so far out of true and 2. That one flat made such a difference (y)

Anyway all sorted now, which leaves contemplating what sort of tosser leaves rubble in the middle of a country lane on a corner:unsure:

We do get some right wankers down here:rolleyes:

Sarky B’stard

Legendary Knight
More intriguingly I wonder what your adjusters look like. How could a rock knock something out of adjustment? I could understand breakage. Have you got stripped threads in there or are you conflating events and the rock made you check handling that was already drifting off?

Old Nick

Legendary Knight
More intriguingly I wonder what your adjusters look like. How could a rock knock something out of adjustment? I could understand breakage. Have you got stripped threads in there or are you conflating events and the rock made you check handling that was already drifting off?
Entirely possibly that - I checked the adjuster and can’t see anything bent or stripped so possibly the rock accelerated the misalignment?

All seems fine now though

chas

Legendary Knight
Probably not mate,I need to get the Matchless finished and if I am bike less then it will spur me on to doing it, Financially the cash from the Bonnie would do more than finish the bike,It would square me up a little more heading into retirement as I want to be debt free when I ease off the work peddle...just a few hours labour a week to help with the bills would be nice and I think I have that sorted helping my son and a mate ( £££'s )

Just got to pluck up the courage to move it on,I'm sure I will miss it but it's time to get things sorted. :cry:
Sounds fair mate, it'll get the matchless done and a bit of jingle in your jeans to boot. (y)
Entirely possibly that - I checked the adjuster and can’t see anything bent or stripped so possibly the rock accelerated the misalignment?

All seems fine now though
Glad it's sorted Nick. Do you run wire spoked wheels (never seen a pic), might be an idea to give them a spin and a 'ting' with a spanner to check they're all still tight.

Scrappy

Legendary Knight

BAD LUCK DUCK

Forum Duck
I noticed some serious vibration noises earlier in the week going work and back but just couldn't figure it out as it sounded like it was at the front of the bike..whilst doing my weekly Sunday maintenance checks and cleaning I found the rear hugger had completely split in two fastening places and was only holding on by less than a centimetre of unsplit plastic where the chain guard is..I suppose ive been lucky it didn't cause any serious damage or an off and worse...

Last edited: