What have you done to your bike today....

BAD LUCK DUCK

Forum Duck
Looking at new rear hugger as mine smashed as you know..Reviews seem to suggest they are flimsy pieces of crap to say the least but will save your rear underside and shocker from stone chips..At a price anywhere between £93 - £120 plus is it really worth it as I suspect it will not be the last time I have to replace it

Scrappy

Legendary Knight
Looking at new rear hugger as mine smashed as you know..Reviews seem to suggest they are flimsy pieces of crap to say the least but will save your rear underside and shocker from stone chips..At a price anywhere between £93 - £120 plus is it really worth it as I suspect it will not be the last time I have to replace it

I'd have one, as it will reduce potential damage to the exposed parts of the rear frame etc, and prevent a lot of dirt and oil being thrown up on the underside of the bike. After having a quick scan of what is available (no OEM option??), then I'd probably go for the one from Givi 🤔 (with no racing stripes ;))

EDIT: They do seem to get mixed reviews though :unsure:

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:

BAD LUCK DUCK

Forum Duck
I'd have one, as it will reduce potential damage to the exposed parts of the rear frame etc, and prevent a lot of dirt and oil being thrown up on the underside of the bike. After having a quick scan of what is available (no OEM option??), then I'd probably go for the one from Givi 🤔 (with no racing stripes ;))

EDIT: They do seem to get mixed reviews though :unsure:

s-l1600.jpg
Nice one @Scrappy
Just ordered one..should be here in the morning...
F#ck the divorce money for the courts until next week 😳🦆

MartytheMartian

Legendary Knight
Well It was a blue sky day today here in Argyll so I took off for a spin down to Arrochar then along the wild and crazy Loch Long road until I got to the Glen Douglas turn-off. I chickened out of trying to turn almost 180 degrees onto the very steep road and so went on a little and turned back to come at it from the other direction. I kid you not trying to turn onto it from a southbound direction is deadly!
BrittoverLochLong.jpg
The photo above is about halfway up the climb to enter Glen Douglas from Loch Long side and, although it doesn't look too steep, I had to put her in gear as she wouldn't stop sliding downhill on the sidestand without it.

Travelled along the lovely quiet and picturesque Glen Douglas
BrittinGlenDouglas.jpg
Until I came down onto Loch Lomond
BrittOverlomond.jpg
Excellent little bimble and I only had to share the road with one van that came out of DM Glen Douglas.

Note: I don't think you really get a sense of it in the pictures but the road rises perhaps a couple of hundred feet above Loch Lomond in the last picture and around the same on the Loch Long end in the first picture and is a damned steep climb and descent but the road then travels along the hillside on the Northern side of the glen and is positively a stunning place although the road is a rough single track job which means you have to go slow and enjoy the view. I don't know the layout of Defense Munitions Glen Douglas but I presume they must have some tunnel system to deposit and dispense munitions as I doubt that it would be fun trying to take a lorry load of explosive up or down the hill especially in winter.

Last edited:

Public Enemy

Enforcer
Staff member
Well It was a blue sky day today here in Argyll so I took off for a spin down to Arrochar then along the wild and crazy Loch Long road until I got to the Glen Douglas turn-off. I chickened out of trying to turn almost 180 degrees onto the very steep road and so went on a little and turned back to come at it from the other direction. I kid you not trying to turn onto it from a southbound direction is deadly!
View attachment 9736
The photo above is about halfway up the climb to enter Glen Douglas from Loch Long side and, although it doesn't look too steep, I had to put her in gear as she wouldn't stop sliding downhill on the sidestand without it.

View attachment 9737
View attachment 9738
Excellent little bimble and I only had to share the road with one van that came out of DM Glen Douglas.

Note: I don't think you really get a sense of it in the pictures but the road rises perhaps a couple of hundred feet above Loch Lomond in the last picture and around the same on the Loch Long end in the first picture and is a damned steep climb and descent but the road then travels along the hillside on the Northern side of the glen and is positively a stunning place although the road is a rough single track job which means you have to go slow and enjoy the view. I don't know the layout of Defense Munitions Glen Douglas but I presume they must have some tunnel system to deposit and dispense munitions as I doubt that it would be fun trying to take a lorry load of explosive up or down the hill especially in winter.
As said before, nothing beats a Bonneville and sunny scenery.

MartytheMartian

Legendary Knight
I have to admit @Public Enemy that Britt and my other Bonnie are absolutely my favourite bikes of all time. Thumping along on a sunny day you just feel 'this is the life'. Sure I like my Daytona which is planted, very civilised and precise and it's bloody fast and the Sprint RS is like the nutso evil twin of the Daytona that will kill you if you ain't careful but the Bonnie is just so confident, stable, aggressive without being deadly, laid back without being 'soft' and the damn thing actually handles really well. The Bonnie's are going to stay with me until either I can't ride any more or they die of old age!

MartytheMartian

Legendary Knight
Well I like to think of the Bonnie as a two cylinder single. That is the beauty of the 180 degree firing pattern. They thump along like a sort of 800cc single but without vibrating all your fillings loose. The exhaust note whether on the throttle or pootling along in a high gear is bloody lovely.

T

The Departed

Not riding due to going out last night for a curry and my arse feels like it's been raped with no poppers in sight. Also, being up at stupid o'clock for over two weeks doing work in Russia has killed me off lol My eyes are shot, my head is banging and now my arse is throbbing, and according to the wife - i stink of shit.

Nice.

Sarky B’stard

Legendary Knight
View attachment 9736

View attachment 9737
View attachment 9738

I’d have to kill you if I told you but it’s not that bad. Lots of shallow gradient laterals. Rail served at the bottom.

BAD LUCK DUCK

Forum Duck
Not riding due to going out last night for a curry and my arse feels like it's been raped with no poppers in sight. Also, being up at stupid o'clock for over two weeks doing work in Russia has killed me off lol My eyes are shot, my head is banging and now my arse is throbbing, and according to the wife - i stink of shit.

Nice.
Screenshot_20210825-125510_Gallery.jpgI just got home to this dirty bastard pile of stinky bastard shit..I blamed the cat and chased the little fucker out but now I'm thinking you maybe paid me a visit...
I don't believe in coincidences 😳😉🦆