What have you done to your bike today....

Sarky B’stard

Legendary Knight
I'm well aware that flying jackets offer zero protection in the event of an accident @Sarky B’stard You have informed me of this fact on numerous occasions in the past but I took the decision to take the risk on having minimal protection in the event of an accident in favour of being exceptionally toasty and warm and endeavouring to take special care to try and avoid falling off my motorised bicycle.
Chill! I was looking for an excuse to post this pic of a bike up a tree in Oz. No one admitted how it got there and the number plate was missing. Police enquiries….
It tickled me.

Old Nick

Legendary Knight
I'm well aware that flying jackets offer zero protection in the event of an accident @Sarky B’stard You have informed me of this fact on numerous occasions in the past but I took the decision to take the risk on having minimal protection in the event of an accident in favour of being exceptionally toasty and warm and endeavouring to take special care to try and avoid falling off my motorised bicycle.
I’ll bet your Irvine gives you much better protection than my Barbour(y)

But with the furry liner and thermal mid layer toasty warm:)

Who needs armour when your warm and comfy:D

Don the Don

Legendary Knight
I say @MartytheMartian old chap spiffing choice "what"
R.3cf710244d2687ab84398d9da84bdbd6

Doc Strange

Legendary Knight
Lovely ride today :)

Headed down to Melton, then Rutland, Uppingham and across to Market Harborough before back via Melton again but on different roads.

Hardly any rain, despite that being the forecast.

Needed a proper few hours out - and even managed a cuppa and cake at the cafe (y)

DS

MartytheMartian

Legendary Knight
You do realise of course that cleaning those headers has made everything else look dirty? As the Buddhist geezers would say you have to keep the balance. Dirt is good because it makes everything look equally dirty where clean is bad because you have to chase it all over the place and will never succeed in achieving that 'perfect' finish.

Tallpaul

Legendary Knight
You do realise of course that cleaning those headers has made everything else look dirty? As the Buddhist geezers would say you have to keep the balance. Dirt is good because it makes everything look equally dirty where clean is bad because you have to chase it all over the place and will never succeed in achieving that 'perfect' finish.
Very true, the rest of the bike got a jet wash after. I don't like kneeling on wet ground and the pipes would have needed drying before the polish. Having said all that, I don't think I will be polishing them again very soon!

Sarky B’stard

Legendary Knight
My bike is overdue a detailed clean but at this time of year it seems a labour too far.

I contented myself with mocking up the heated grips set up and testing everything before gluing the grips and making up and painting a wee bracket for the controller. I don’t see how the supplied item would fit bikes with mirror stems growing out of the clutch….

Anyway, the silver finish clashed with my blacked out bars so it should all be dry by morning for the final fit and tidy up of the loom. Rubbing down the twist grip almost qualified for an entry in ‘What’s Boiled Your P*** Today?’ 🤯

BAD LUCK DUCK

Forum Duck
My bike is overdue a detailed clean but at this time of year it seems a labour too far.

I contented myself with mocking up the heated grips set up and testing everything before gluing the grips and making up and painting a wee bracket for the controller. I don’t see how the supplied item would fit bikes with mirror stems growing out of the clutch….

Anyway, the silver finish clashed with my blacked out bars so it should all be dry by morning for the final fit and tidy up of the loom. Rubbing down the twist grip almost qualified for an entry in ‘What’s Boiled Your P*** Today?’ 🤯
Need to see photos of before and after...🦆