What have you done to your bike today....

Flynnt20

Legendary Knight
Just bought a carb rebuild kit for the Thunderbird , it will be the last thing to do on it before i decide whats happening with it , feckin hate fannying around with carbs on a Trumpet triple , the designer must have been pissed or high as a kite on that day , just try to pluck up the courage to " go for it " Snapped the nipple ( ooooer Mrs ) on the Tiger cub clutch cable so had a go at the so called proper way of repairing them this morning , cos i think solderless nipples are shocking , alright for a pushbike but nothing that offers more resistant , Bought a 8mm end feed straight copper pipe fitting , drilled a hole just big enough to poke the cable in , splayed or frayed the end to add a bit more grip and filled up with plumbers lead solder , better that £20 for a cheap shite new cable because nobody makes the real man strength original cables any more :)

Last edited:

chas

Legendary Knight
Just bought a carb rebuild kit for the Thunderbird , it will be the last thing to do on it before i decide whats happening with it , feckin hate fannying around with carbs on a Trumpet triple , the designer must have been pissed or high as a kite on that day , just try to pluck up the courage to " go for it " Snapped the nipple ( ooooer Mrs ) on the Tiger cub clutch cable so had a go at the so called proper way of repairing them this morning , cos i think solderless nipples are shocking , alright for a pushbike but nothing that offers more resistant , Bought a 8mm end feed straight copper pipe fitting , drilled a hole just big enough to poke the cable in , splayed or frayed the end to add a bit more grip and filled up with plumbers lead solder , better that £20 for a cheap shite new cable because nobody makes the real man strength original cables any more :)
Solderless nips are 'get you out of jail' stuff, always take some if I'm touring on the bike but they're 'wing and a prayer' esp on a clutch.

Doc Strange

Legendary Knight
As today was the first time been able to actually see the sun for days, a ride was definitely called for!

Nice 2.5 hours, including a cuppa and cake :)

A few other bikes too, and a nice car driver flashed me to warn me of a speed camera - unnecessary as it was in rather than between villages, but a nice thought nonetheless.

Glad I got a ride in as hectic week at work coming up and I'd probably end up killing someone if I'd missed out on my weekend therapy!

DS

Sarky B’stard

Legendary Knight
🙄 Similar.

Daughter sprung on me yesterday that she needed a light fitting changing and her husband didn’t do sparky things…. So a quick recce established all the snags and bits required (block connections/cable for short extension because the old one terminated In the bloody plasterboard !) ….. which provided cover for an excursion today!

About 80 mile round trip via ‘the scenic route’ in bright sunshine on barely damp undulating & bendy roads. Riding South into low winter sun the flip down visor was a God send.

Only need to go back again to fit the dimmer switch. Women! 🤯

MICK 56

Legendary Knight
A bit more riding, and final stop with Dan on his RnineT at a road side cafe van overlooking Southampton

View attachment 10021
View attachment 10022

Eventually I arrived in Boscombe this evening
View attachment 10023
Where was that burger van, overlooking Southampton ? The only high up one i know, is Mick's, on Portsdown hill. And the view is of Portsmouth. I got a warning from the police at loomies, for loud pipes. Not been back since.

MICK 56

Legendary Knight
Day two started early about 6 am, met up with an old mate who was my guide around the area.

First was a good run around the New Forest.

View attachment 10035

View attachment 10036

I'll have to see if I can get some decent stills off my GoPro because it was a stunning ride, beautiful scenery.

Next stop was Lymington to look for breakfast, but bacon sarnies were acquired later 😋

View attachment 10037

View attachment 10038

Then spent the rest of the morning riding along the coast 😎

View attachment 10039
I often get fish & chips in lymington high st, and sit by that quay, fighting off seagulls the size chickens.

Scrappy

Legendary Knight
Where was that burger van, overlooking Southampton ? The only high up one i know, is Mick's, on Portsdown hill. And the view is of Portsmouth. I got a warning from the police at loomies, for loud pipes. Not been back since.

After hearing so much about Loomies, I felt a bit let down to be honest... meh! 😐

Scrappy

Legendary Knight
Studland bay ferry, by the look of it. Did you visit Tyneham village, on the other side. ? https://www.historyhit.com/locations/tyneham-village/ That whole area is a practice ground for the army. You can only get access at weekends. There are tanks blown to fuck, all over the place.

We just went to a bar and ice cream place in amongst the beach huts, I didn't see Tyneham, but wish I had it looks very interesting, one to add to the list for another occasion.