What have you done to your bike today....

MICK 56

Legendary Knight
That's the one. The german E boats got in amongst a training exercise for D day. The yanks all had different radio frequencies, and couldn't communicate. Their own shore defences opened up on them too. About 1200 killed i think. All kept very quiet, for years after the war. A total fuck up all around.

MICK 56

Legendary Knight
Damn it's hot in full leathers! Managed two hours had sweat in my eye so turned around.
I chuckle at blokes dressed like than in the summer. I ride open faced, with just shirt and jeans, and stay relatively cool. They are sweating like a paedo in mothercare., and walk about with the sleeves of their leathers tied around their arses, carrying a full face helmet and gloves ffs.

MICK 56

Legendary Knight
This was Sunday, I took a brief stop in Lyme Regis after leaving Bournmouth on my way to Ilfracombe

View attachment 10102

Sunday lunchtime at a bistro in Bickleigh

View attachment 10098
View attachment 10099

Then this was on Monday after I had ridden up through the fog from Lynmouth, it was a pretty spectacular view...

View attachment 10097
View attachment 10100

This was Lynmouth below the cloud/fog

View attachment 10101
Ilfracombe, and the surrounding area is very picturesque. That fish and chips looked seriously small. I would have needed 3 of them.

MICK 56

Legendary Knight
Yeah, that's "bistros" for you :rolleyes:😂
I once nearly paid £14.95 for fish & chips in a pub. Then i saw the poxy amount they served someone else. So i rode from Kings somborne, to Salisbury, only to find there is not a single chip shop there. From there i rode to Ringwood, where the shop was closed. I went from there, to Lymington, to find that closed too. Eventually i got some at a chippy, in Ashurst. I rode 70 miles to save about £6 ffs. But it was worth it for the ride, and a huge portion at the end. Washed down with a pint of tea, and roll-up :) https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Sto...63d7898fffd!2m2!1d-1.5111685!2d50.9097024!3e0

MICK 56

Legendary Knight
Yes mate.
I had countless conversations with folk (mainly OAP's) about what a great job I'd done restoring an iconic classic bike.
95% of the time I fessed up to Annie being a modern replica. But sometimes it was obvious that keeping quiet would shatter less rose tinted glasses.

There's no two ways about it. Triumph did a superb job of making the 790/865 Bonneville/T100 look like the original. But without the reliability issues associated with the original bikes 🙂
They were reliable enough, until people started fucking about with them. Most owners had pulled them apart several times, by the time they became cheap enough for me to buy. I rebuilt mine, and rarely had any problems, and used to thrash the arse off of it too.

MICK 56

Legendary Knight
I found this site last night, as it was credited with making the tank for the custom Guzzi below. It is still quite expensive, but not as much as I had thought for custom metal tanks. Average is about £500, and the guy is in Dumfries.

Side-Rock-SkyFin-HIGH-RES-1-2.jpg

Is the owners name Richi, and rides a red Norton Atlas scrambler ?

MartytheMartian

Legendary Knight
Wee spin around to Inveraray on the Sprint today. Bit cold but 'bracing' and I needed some cobweb removal services.
Fynenorth.jpg
Photo taken at Inveraray looking across Loch Fyne. My home village is across the loch and then over the hill towards the right hand side.

Fynesouth.jpg
This pic is looking south from Inveraray down Loch Fyne

MartytheMartian

Legendary Knight
I believe it's a 'modern' Matchless G80 @MICK 56 and the engine is a Rotax unit. I suppose it ain't even that modern any more at least thirty two years old. Geez where does the time go?!

Tallpaul

Legendary Knight
Wee spin around to Inveraray on the Sprint today. Bit cold but 'bracing' and I needed some cobweb removal services.
View attachment 13918
Photo taken at Inveraray looking across Loch Fyne. My home village is across the loch and then over the hill towards the right hand side.

View attachment 13920
This pic is looking south from Inveraray down Loch Fyne
Great roads around there. We have been to Scotland 3 times recently, Sept 2020, May 2021, Sept 2021. Fantastic.