Daytona 955i map 2002 onwards

DD67

The Peace Keeper
Staff member
Oh that's a cracker @Sarky B’stard that should really chuff up @DD67
Nope!
He's still a dick until he manages to sound sincere.
That could take some time & a LOT of practice 😉
Don't FFS tell him what you paid for it. He'll break if down into a cost per mile! 🥴
If it was free, still don't tell him. He'll be knocking on your door with flowers, chocolates & stinking of cheap aftershave 😳

Daytona

Legendary Knight
Installed the map from Matt Burns today and it does seem to have made the bike run a bit smoother, I swear the exhaust has more of a roar and also it feels like it is generating a bit more of a punch in the back when you twist the throttle hard. I did get the engine warning light come on shortly before I reached home after I had stopped to take a photo and the switched the ignition on again. I checked the error code but, being the dumbass I am, I tried to memorise it rather than taking a note of it before I cleared it, so now I'm not sure what it was but I think it was either P0342 or P0432 so it was either Cam position sensor 'A' Circuit Low or Catalyst Efficiency below threshold or, alternately I could still have it wrong and it was something else.

I like that the Map reduces the temperature at which the fan comes on down to 98 degrees to help keep the engine from cooking too. Need to take another spin to see if the Engine warning comes back on again so I can find out what the actual code was. Whatever it was though it didn't seem to affect the running of the bike at all and she was still sweet and powerful.
You seem a bit underwhelmed mate. I was blown away by the change in power

MartytheMartian

Legendary Knight
Not at all @Daytona I just haven't had a chance to really thrash it yet as the roads were quite busy with bloody tourists today although I did find myself having to brake hard and running wide a couple of times initially which suggests to me that the mapping has changed fairly drastically and caught me unawares. She has definitely changed but I am not sure whether she was 'stock' when I got her (less than four weeks ago IIRC). Certainly one of the previous owners has replaced the IACV hoses and fitted new Reg/Rec and, I presume, alternator. One thing I do have to say is that she is still rather 'sane' compared to my now dismantled Sprint RS Gen2 which was my first introduction to the 955i engine. It was utterly mental in terms of acceleration and I don't know whether that is simply down to it having been wearing a 48 tooth rear sprocket as opposed to the stock 43 or whether there was something else 'unusual' about that machine. I certainly know that the engine wasn't original to the machine and I am wondering it had been tuned in some way. When I took delivery of the Daytona I thought I might be essentially committing high speed suicide and was surprised at just how civilised and controllable she is.

MartytheMartian

Legendary Knight
Now I seem to be able to post pictures using Chrome instead of Edge here are some pics of the beastie on her run out today.
Aintsheacutie.jpg
Diana the Huntress!
Bottomoftherest.jpg
Looking up toward the Rest and Be Thankful
BottomoftherestlookingEast.jpg
Looking South East from the bottom of the Rest and Be Thankful
Lochrestil.jpg
By the side of Loch Restil just North of the Rest, which is around the bend in the background
The Hell'sGlenStraight.jpg
The long straight in Hell's Glen leading to Moses Well on the way in to my village
Thehomestraightfromotherend.jpg
The 'Home Straight' pictured in a previous posting from the end facing towards my village where the other pic was from t'other end.

Tripod81

Apprentice
Installed the map from Matt Burns today and it does seem to have made the bike run a bit smoother, I swear the exhaust has more of a roar and also it feels like it is generating a bit more of a punch in the back when you twist the throttle hard. I did get the engine warning light come on shortly before I reached home after I had stopped to take a photo and the switched the ignition on again. I checked the error code but, being the dumbass I am, I tried to memorise it rather than taking a note of it before I cleared it, so now I'm not sure what it was but I think it was either P0342 or P0432 so it was either Cam position sensor 'A' Circuit Low or Catalyst Efficiency below threshold or, alternately I could still have it wrong and it was something else.

I like that the Map reduces the temperature at which the fan comes on down to 98 degrees to help keep the engine from cooking too. Need to take another spin to see if the Engine warning comes back on again so I can find out what the actual code was. Whatever it was though it didn't seem to affect the running of the bike at all and she was still sweet and powerful.
Any chance you would share the map? I’m trying trying to get a hold of anyone who has it but no luck so far. It would be greatly appreciated!!