Funny Photo/Image/MemeThread

MartytheMartian

Legendary Knight
I used to love tanks when I was a nipper but, as I've gotten older and read more about what it was like to be in tanks I'd rather take my chances on foot. There's a reason that airmen called them 'targets' and the Germans called Shermans 'Tommy Cookers' while the British called them Ronsons because they never failed to light when struck. The accounts of crews who survived on both sides tells a tale of quite often very short combats followed by bailing out of a burning tank and then running for your life before becoming infantry until you got a new tank - and then repeat until the war ended or you were killed.

Don the Don

Legendary Knight
I used to love tanks when I was a nipper but, as I've gotten older and read more about what it was like to be in tanks I'd rather take my chances on foot. There's a reason that airmen called them 'targets' and the Germans called Shermans 'Tommy Cookers' while the British called them Ronsons because they never failed to light when struck. The accounts of crews who survived on both sides tells a tale of quite often very short combats followed by bailing out of a burning tank and then running for your life before becoming infantry until you got a new tank - and then repeat until the war ended or you were killed.
My last Sqn was No 6 The flying Tin openers that used the Hurricane Tank buster in the Desert war in WW2
18a05be15de224312ed307a864bc5ed7.jpg

Attachments

• R.jpg
    R.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 0