Buell My old Yankee steed

Don the Don

Legendary Knight
A BUELL XB1200X Ulysses, Not a bad bike and a better platform for the Buell built engine than anything Hardly Ableson could produce, The Torque was awesome lifting the front wheel in any gear, the motor was all American with Italian frame and component's and Japanese suspension, brakes clocks and switchgear and other lecky bits, I assume it had a few chinky bits in as well.
DSCF0365.JPG

Sarky B’stard

Legendary Knight
How do you pronounce ‚Buell‘ in English? Like I would say „wuell“ instead of „well“?
In German it would be “Büll“.
The answer to that depends on 'which English'?! British and Americans can vary.

I've always pronounced it b'you-ell but plenty Americans might say boo-ell. You certainly wouldn't get an umlaut from either side!

Don the Don

Legendary Knight
To me it just looks like another effort to build a sort of futuristic Harley style bike. It would be nice if the Yanks got themselves a wee bit of an imagination and tried something other than the V-twin cruiser style.
Agree, But if they want speed why use that type of platform when Buell had it right in the past, all that horse power on things that don't handle as well as a cafe racer

MartytheMartian

Legendary Knight
I guess they think that their main market, the US itself, has the V-twin cruiser so ingrained in their minds as what a bike should be that they don't believe they would be able to sell a cafe racer or sports style bike in large enough quantities and even outside the US I think people think V-twin, heavy cruiser when it comes to American Iron.