Bonneville The One, The Only, The Bonneville!

Don the Don

Legendary Knight
We all know the history with old Triumph the refusal to change and adapt to the competition and at the end they were not reliable compared to the latest Umygoolyscratchiknacker rice burner that pissed all over it, but time has given them a cult status and all bikes in my opinion have a place, I enjoyed my time with them [after re-wiring and sorting out all the problem areas] and lets not forget that not everything that had "made in Britain on it was quality, "Lucas" utter shite

Iron

Forum Knight
Yep, just finished completely rewiring another one today. What an arse of a job. I enjoy the rebuilds but the wiring, FFS what a ball ache it is. I'm properly relieved when there's a spark when it's kicked over.
I've been really tempted by the new ones but I just don't understand all the technology so I've a garage full of 70s bikes all leaking oil on the floor :confused: (well, only a bit).

half ton

Legendary Knight
Yep, just finished completely rewiring another one today. What an arse of a job. I enjoy the rebuilds but the wiring, FFS what a ball ache it is. I'm properly relieved when there's a spark when it's kicked over.
I've been really tempted by the new ones but I just don't understand all the technology so I've a garage full of 70s bikes all leaking oil on the floor :confused: (well, only a bit).
Would it be sacrilegious to suggest looking at the motogadget blue... it has almost everything inbuilt and is supposedly a piece of piss to wire up