Daytona Checking in

chas

Legendary Knight
just found out about this site from Triumph Forum so thought i would pop in, recognise a few of the names i was feckless on there ;-)
heres my bikes
Haha, missed the OP entirely. Fucking fantastic collection, I remember a thread elsewhere about the downpipes on the Triton? Luscious machine.
Love the BSA. A no respect for age bike.

chas

Legendary Knight
the bsa quote sums it up perfect mate.
I let my '77 Z1000 go when I realised the market wouldn't let me run it like a late '70s hooligan would, loud 4-1, rear mudguard and indicators on a shelf in the shed, K+Ns etc.
There were some other pressures too but when the guy that bought it showed me pics of what he'd done, full showroom resto. Looked like a Tamya kit, not a bike with scabs and scars. Broke my heart. Made the poor thing souless.

DD67

The Peace Keeper
Staff member
Lucky you. I was just locked out without rhyme or reason except my refusal to take the knee.
At the risk of blowing smoke up your bottom Sir.
My theory for why you were locked out is this...

I reckon you were perceived by most people on TTF as intelligent, articulate but often non conformist.
They would genuinely struggle to pigeonhole you as a Sun reading pleb or a right wing racist etc. The way they incorrectly labelled several of us. Simply because we spoke our mind.
So when you chose to start using this forum. It sent a loud & clear message that the rest of us had been incorrectly labelled.
Hence the reason you had to be removed. Before their blinkered hypocrisy was exposed.

Scrappy

Legendary Knight
At the risk of blowing smoke up your bottom Sir.
My theory for why you were locked out is this...

I reckon you were perceived by most people on TTF as intelligent, articulate but often non conformist.
They would genuinely struggle to pigeonhole you as a Sun reading pleb or a right wing racist etc. The way they incorrectly labelled several of us. Simply because we spoke our mind.
So when you chose to start using this forum. It sent a loud & clear message that the rest of us had been incorrectly labelled.
Hence the reason you had to be removed. Before their blinkered hypocrisy was exposed.

Or Sarky was just too intelligent and too articulate for them to successfully engage in debate with, so typically cowardly a ban was the only form of victory they could achieve over him 🤔

Daytona

Legendary Knight
Steve the Triton is looking for pastures new if you are interested?? i much prefer triples to the twins,. it was a project my lad started and i finished. i swapped my DRZ400 and a wad of cash for it :)