Matchless Matchless

half ton

Legendary Knight
I think it's ..If daylight MOT i.e. no h/lamp rear light or indicators..just a brake light fitted,Or pre 1986 I think (mines 1989) .
I'm having a crap time finding small round indicators that I like and don't want to risk getting stuck out at dusk with a daytime MOT.

chas

Legendary Knight
If 'twere my bike I'd get a set of 'anyoldshit' indicators just for mot purposes.

I don't think people pay attention to bike indicators even if you use them ;)

doug_chambers

Apprentice
I am looking for my late father's Matchless.
He recently passed away but never talked about when owned a motorcycle. A few days ago I was given a photo of him at 26 and sitting on his Matchless. Never seen this photo before but would like to try and find out happened to his bike.

I think the bike is a 1955 to 1958 Matchless G3L 347cc, reg LFR315. The DVLA returns that the reg as not recognized so I am stuck with not much more to go on.

If any one can help with a link or a suggestions of where to look that will be a great help.IMG-20220509-WA0000.jpg

Flynnt20

Legendary Knight
Sounds daft but look if there is a Matchless forum , there are a few " British bike forums " out there which may help , if a Matchless one exists there is a good chance they will have access to a club or national machine register , massive bonus is you have the registration number , ask the Matchless owners club as well , you will find being enthusiasts they like to help even if you are not a member , most of the time !!

MICK60

Legendary Knight
I am looking for my late father's Matchless.
He recently passed away but never talked about when owned a motorcycle. A few days ago I was given a photo of him at 26 and sitting on his Matchless. Never seen this photo before but would like to try and find out happened to his bike.

I think the bike is a 1955 to 1958 Matchless G3L 347cc, reg LFR315. The DVLA returns that the reg as not recognized so I am stuck with not much more to go on.

If any one can help with a link or a suggestions of where to look that will be a great help.View attachment 16973
It could also be a 500cc G80.

MICK60

Legendary Knight

half ton

Legendary Knight
Been to my Brothers place of work today, Finally decided to let him sort the wiring harness out and get the bike finished and MOT'd, It's going to cost a bit (even with family discount) but I really am sure I'll never get it done now I have the Enfield to enjoy, The other mechanic he works with is going to fetch it in his van when he delivers another bike near me in the week.So hopefully it'll be back on the road by spring...🥳

half ton

Legendary Knight
Well he picked it up Thursday and I went over to give him a hand, they have an identical bike for sale so we pulled it into the workshop and whipped the tank off so Darren could copy the routing for the wiring. He has got the wiring all sorted and the calipers on and been through the bike tightening everything up, all the new oil hoses are on as well. Now I've got to order a new master cylinder and lever and sort out a speedo,Which brings me to a question for you gents ...has anyone ever fitted a GPS speedo and if so was it accurate as I have heard they can lag a bit and also stop working in tunnels etc.

Don the Don

Legendary Knight
Almost there now, Got a new front master cylinder ready to fit, Indicators and air filter are in the post, Now got to sort a silencer, battery and throttle assembly ......and get the seat redone in black and with some more padding.
View attachment 21994

Bikes looking good @half ton, be nice to see it when it's done, twin anchors on the front will stop her for sure