Misting clocks

gazzatriumph

Legendary Knight
Just wanted people's thoughts. The digital clock mists up when out in the sun as does the speedo but to a lesser extent. Its only when out in the sun not in the garage.
I have put a warranty claim in which will more than likely be accepted. My dilemma is that on the new clock the odometer can't be set at current mileage they said they would note it in the service manual. It's not due first MOT until next year, would this put people off buying it?
I'm not looking at selling it but wondering whether to just live with it and what if new clocks have the same issue.20240420_113820.jpg

gazzatriumph

Legendary Knight
My Triumph T120 did the same but it was out of warranty and they wouldn't change them. My bikes have always been kept in a decent garage.

Don the Don

Legendary Knight
Have a gander at this Gazza

there appears to be a youtube vid on this one

just the video, he's a jock so if you need a translation ask @MartytheMartian :ROFLMAO:

Don the Don

Legendary Knight

gazzatriumph

Legendary Knight
I'll see what dealer says, I don't see much point having them replaced if its going to happen again with new ones. As you said seems a common problem which I can live with. It's the same as other bikes have had, only happens when the sun is out, back in the garage it disappears.

Big Sandy

Legendary Knight
It's probably got a lot to do with the "politically correct" rubber they use for seals nowadays. It soon fails.

I think if it were mine, post warranty, I'd take the clocks off, and remove the gaskets, dry in a hot airing cupboard, maybe in a dessicant for good measure, then reseal with silicone.