Climate change?

Holy Shit

Legendary Knight
As we are about to be bombarded by doomsters all telling us that the end is nigh,it’s irreversible etc,etc,I thought it might be an idea to start this thread.
For the best part of sixty years the UN has told us that we’re doomed.In the sixties they predicted that the planet wouldn’t be able to feed us and since the seventies they’ve successively predicted catastrophic global climate change.Correct me if I’m wrong but the latest imminent warning is,I believe, their fifth attempt to scare the shit out of us,the fact that they’re losing focus on Covid means they need a new toy to play with.
Their predictions are based on climate modelling,not what’s actually going on,does that sound familiar?
I’m not denying the existence of climate change but I’m questioning the reasons why the politicians and scientists are so persistent and their questionable motives and as we have had to endure politicised science for a while now,I’m not relishing the next load of bollocks that they’re about to dish out,are you?

Sarky B’stard

Legendary Knight
As we are about to be bombarded by doomsters all telling us that the end is nigh,it’s irreversible etc,etc,I thought it might be an idea to start this thread.
For the best part of sixty years the UN has told us that we’re doomed.In the sixties they predicted that the planet wouldn’t be able to feed us and since the seventies they’ve successively predicted catastrophic global climate change.Correct me if I’m wrong but the latest imminent warning is,I believe, their fifth attempt to scare the shit out of us,the fact that they’re losing focus on Covid means they need a new toy to play with.
Their predictions are based on climate modelling,not what’s actually going on,does that sound familiar?
I’m not denying the existence of climate change but I’m questioning the reasons why the politicians and scientists are so persistent and their questionable motives and as we have had to endure politicised science for a while now,I’m not relishing the next load of bollocks that they’re about to dish out,are you?
About? Where have you been? Change up a gear? More than likely. The disinformation intensifies as genuine science flies out of the window. Partly the government burnishing its credentials before COP26 🥱 and yet more distraction while the other hand gets up to even more no good.

Scrappy

Legendary Knight
Polution is a problem, but not necessarily air poluton, as the air has not been so clean in the UK for decades. Man-made climate change is, in my opinion, total bollocks as it is a natual repeating long term cycle (actually many cycles) and totally predictable, the main cycle occuring over many tens of thousands of years.

The climate alarmists will show shocking fear-mongering graphs like this:

1987_yearly_temperature_anomalies_from_1880_to_2019.jpeg

But take a good note of the start date 1880, and then consider why they nearly allways pick this time period. It is because this is when the "little ice age" ended, so obviously there would be a significant temparature rise after a major cold period to today.

Screenshot 2021-08-09 152648.png

But if you take a longer term view, it seems to me to be pretty clear that the global climate is cyclical and the temperature is on a very slow downward trend overall

gisp-last-10000-new-a.gif

fig1.gif
earths-temperature-brief-history-of-recent-change.gif

It is getting very difficult to get honest data now regarding climate change, because if you search on the internet, you are bombarded by the doom and gloom alarmism and propaganda, with added editorial warnings (censorship), and even outright falsehoods and denial of historic events like the Medieval Warm Period and Roman Warm Period, which have tried to be expunged. Also temperature records have been tampered with, like removing the hotest day in history from the record because it was recorded in the early 1900s on a Sunday (specifically recorded on a Sunday because it was an exteme event).

This is a good series of videos exposing some of the bullshit surrounding climate change...

Last edited:

MartytheMartian

Legendary Knight
I think a whole lot of people simply don't care about climate change. The human race is an adaptable species and we will carry on until the whole shit heap literally kills us. It may feel good to folks consciences to promote wind farms, go solar powered, electric powered etc. but the idea that we can turn around the effects of hundreds of years of pumping out carbon dioxide, sulphur etc. 'before it's too late' is ridiculous even if it responsible for climate change. Personally like Scrappy I don't believe that it is responsible for climate change. That has been going on regularly without our intervention at all. Just four thousand years ago Mammoths and Tigers etc. populated Siberia, Canada and Alaska before the climate cooled. A few thousand years ago the sea level was far lower than it is now and, as mentioned above there have been at least a couple of mini ice ages in the last couple of millennia.

What I do agree with is that we have been pumping far too much excrement, cleaning chemicals and other nasties into the ocean as well as incredible amounts of plastics being dumped everywhere. There should be much more attention paid to stopping all the cheap and nasty plastic shit that the Chinese are flogging the world and companies like Lever Brothers and Proctor and Gamble need to be heavily controlled as the environmental impact of their cleaning products. I wonder how many million tonnes of 'novelty' garbage are shipped into the UK from China for the Christmas trade in allegedly funny 'gifts' to buy for that person you don't really like or simply can't think what to buy for.

Scrappy

Legendary Knight
CO2 only makes up 0.04% of the entire global atmosphere (natural and man-made), the UK produces less than 1% of man-made CO2. The worst climate alarmists claim is that 45% of current CO2 is man-made, so the UK is responsible for less than 1% of 45% of 0.04% global CO2... does anyone seriously think that anything we do in the UK will have an effect? - And does anyone think that the huge cost that UK tax payers are increasingly having to bear, is worth it when China, India and the US are the major producers of CO2. China I believe produces more CO2 in a day than any saving the UK could make over an entire year.

Then take in to account that global CO2 changes occur approximately 600-800 (or more) years AFTER a change in temperature, and in history the temperature has fallen whilst CO2 levels were increasing. And 600 years ago puts us back in the middle of the Little Ice Age, so you would now expect to see a rise in CO2 following the increase in temperature after that significant cold period 🤔

Also CO2 is plant food, which is why the earth has been greening. More plants equals more food, and more oxygen, as plants take in CO2 and produce oxygen. Also apparently plants have smaller pores when there is more CO2 in the atmosphere, as they don't need to take in as much air to get the CO2 they require, this means they release less water through their pores back into the atmosphere, so they require less water, and contribute less to the water vapor in the atmosphere, and water vapour contributes to the supposed atmospheric green house effect.

Last edited:

Scrappy

Legendary Knight
Some more videos, this guy has a recent PhD in climate science, good content if you can tollerate the presentation...

MartytheMartian

Legendary Knight
Well not quite. If you wipe out humans cattle, sheep, pigs, boar, deer and other prey species would multiply and, with no natural predators other than humans in a lot of areas of the world they would strip the vegetation until they starved and died and other species would also die out. We are predators that have replaced/wiped out or at the very least greatly diminished the numbers of other predators who would compete with us for prey in our habitats and, without us the prey would go out of control. We are very much a part of the food chain but, if we were eradicated the ecosystem would adapt and another predatory species would emerge. The same goes for any species on the planet. It is a beautiful and highly adaptable system which we are part of. The problem with many 'eco' warriors is that they see humans as somehow a species that exists outwith the Ecosystem when we are not. We have shaped the world the way every creature shapes the world and we are not alien to but rather part of the system but we are most definitely not essential to the system and neither is any other organism. We wipe out elephants the world goes on as normal, Mammoths and giant sloths were wiped out and the world didn't end, we wiped out Dodo's and the world didn't end, Dinosaurs were wiped out and the world didn't end and Asteroids wiped out huge swathes of the life on the planet but the world didn't end. There is always some form of life that would survive and thrive.

Last edited:

MartytheMartian

Legendary Knight
Notice that very important word there - MAY! The truth is they don't bleedin' well know. It's all guesswork, assumptions and overpaid assholes trying to get a bonus not to mention businesses trying to come up with a new wheeze to get us to dump products that they aren't making any money off of and buy new one's that they will profit from. If they really gave a damn there would be an outright global ban on all non-essential plastics, non-essential air travel, chemical cleaning products, paints, solvents etc. etc. etc.

They fill the telly with adverts of 'innocent' children telling Joe Bloggs (who doesn't have two pennies to rub together and is just trying to make it from day to day and feed his family) that He should 'do something about it' but they never have a go at Bezos for burning unsold products, not to mention selling useless shite in the first place or stop the rich from jetting all over the world as they please and racing around in their gas guzzlers. If you can pinpoint one thing as ruining the world it is the hipocrisy of the 'chattering classes' shouting at everyone else that they need to do something while making themselves out to be the saviours of the world.

Scrappy

Legendary Knight
Hypocrisy reigns...

Funny how Bezos, Branson, Obama, and a lot of the other elites have been buying shore side properties, or entire islands, that according to their over the tipping point and irreversible climate alarmist claims, will not exist in the very near future 🤔