I do like these

Sarky B’stard

Legendary Knight
They’re nice bikes but demand looking after as Italian bikes in UK rain tend to. While sheltering from that rain (& Her Majesty getting her Barnet sorted) I dropped into Edinburgh Triumph. I was unexpectedly taken by the Trident 660 that’s £800 cheaper than the Guzzi and flicked more of my switches.....each to their own. Then again, always loved the early 70s V7 Sport..... decisions, decisions! Ain’t choice horrible?

Scrappy

Legendary Knight
They’re nice bikes but demand looking after as Italian bikes in UK rain tend to. While sheltering from that rain (& Her Majesty getting her Barnet sorted) I dropped into Edinburgh Triumph. I was unexpectedly taken by the Trident 660 that’s £800 cheaper than the Guzzi and flicked more of my switches.....each to their own. Then again, always loved the early 70s V7 Sport..... decisions, decisions! Ain’t choice horrible?

An old mate of mine, who had no intention of getting a Triumph, passed a dealer who had a test fleet day, stopped and got a slot later in the day, and after his ride started the process to buy a Trident that same day.

Scrappy

Legendary Knight
Try and give one a try @Scrappy they have come a long way since the old days the quality is much better, as folks say each to their own, I like them

I'm smitten mate, can't get the fecking things out my head even though I don't have the financial means or physical space to have one at the moment. But I know I'll go and have a test ride, then it will frustrate the hell out of me trying to come up with a cunning plan to get one 🤪

Scrappy

Legendary Knight
I have that feeling as well I will wait till I come down south [Staffs] in July and go look at one, If I had to get rid of a bike them it would be the Speedmaster, the Bonnie has grown on me

I had been thinking of sarificing the Street Triple, then I ride it and its such a great ride, however it really does encourage the hooligan in me, whereas a V7 might hopefully help me be a bit more laid back. Choice and decisions 😵

Sarky B’stard

Legendary Knight
I had been thinking of sarificing the Street Triple, then I ride it and its such a great ride, however it really does encourage the hooligan in me, whereas a V7 might hopefully help me be a bit more laid back. Choice and decisions 😵
Which is why I went for the Tiger Sport. Every time I tried being a hooligan on the Bonnie I had to work it so hard it threatened to buck me! I also wanted supple suspension and something to help with the wind 💨😳

chas

Legendary Knight
Try and give one a try @Scrappy they have come a long way since the old days the quality is much better, as folks say each to their own, I like them
I'd be curious too. They're getting close to a favourite of the 'lifestyle' crowd so I'd be def interested to know how useful they were as a motorbike. If they made a basic 1000cc version I could be all over it.

I'm basically after a budget MK1 Lemon.

[edit] Even back in the day guzzi had a better rep for electrics than Duke or Lav. I've spannered Lavs (jota and RGS) for a mate and *I'd* never drop my own dollar on one. Espesh at the price they fetch now. Lovely bikes but pure pita

Last edited: