DD67

The Peace Keeper
Staff member
The guy joined a week ago, then signed out exactly 5 minutes after joining. He hasn't been back since. Why not just look around as a guest? Unless he thought he'd get to see some kind of hidden area of the site by signing up 🤔
I'll welcome him when/if he returns & contributes something.
The same goes for several others that have done exactly the same.

MartytheMartian

Legendary Knight
We are the elite and, if they can't handle us they can all run away! 😁 A lot of forums have lists of members in the thousands or even tens of thousands and yet, if you hang around them for a week or two you find that there are maybe ten to twenty members who are active regularly and over a number of years while others look in very occasionally or simply sign up, look around and then are never seen again.

DD67

The Peace Keeper
Staff member
Not sure if it really matters,it’s a public forum people come and go
Yes mate.
But I don't see any point in welcoming anyone just because their name appears as the latest forum member.
When they introduce themselves or post a question etc. IMHO, that's the time to welcome them.
I'm not saying that any of you guys should do the same. It's just my take on the situation.

chas

Legendary Knight
Yes mate.
But I don't see any point in welcoming anyone just because their name appears as the latest forum member.
When they introduce themselves or post a question etc. IMHO, that's the time to welcome them.
I'm not saying that any of you guys should do the same. It's just my take on the situation.
No cunt welcomed me when I rocked up so I'll return the favour :D