Some hope opposing the electric nightmare?

Tallpaul

Legendary Knight
I think it's safe to say that anyone who purchased an EV believing it would be cheap to run, was royally shafted.
The cost to charge them anywhere other than at home is astronomical.
They'll be paying full price road tax from next year.
Their insurance premiums are way higher than for the equivalent ICE vehicles
Driving one into London will soon cost them the same as a ICE vehicle.
Plus the fact they cost a fortune to purchase in the first instance. And they retain residual values similar to that of used toilet paper! 😳

All that seems like a hefty price to pay for a bit of pointless virtue signalling 😉
And all of those perfectly good, useable cars scrapped.

Don the Don

Legendary Knight
I think it's safe to say that anyone who purchased an EV believing it would be cheap to run, was royally shafted.
The cost to charge them anywhere other than at home is astronomical.
They'll be paying full price road tax from next year.
Their insurance premiums are way higher than for the equivalent ICE vehicles
Driving one into London will soon cost them the same as a ICE vehicle.
Plus the fact they cost a fortune to purchase in the first instance. And they retain residual values similar to that of used toilet paper! 😳

All that seems like a hefty price to pay for a bit of pointless virtue signalling 😉
A mate of mine has a Mercedes EV [twat] and his wife has a diesel Astra, when they go down south it is always in the Astra as he showed me the bill to compare, it is a lot more expensive to take an EV and charge en-route than to re-fuel a Diesel, so they can keep their EV rubbish okay for going to the shops but not for a good run out

DD67

The Peace Keeper
Staff member
he showed me the bill to compare, it is a lot more expensive to take an EV and charge en-route than to re-fuel a Diesel,
It isn't just the ludicrous cost to charge them at motorway service stations.
It's the cost of the coffee, cake & a magazine whilst you wait for the thing to charge.
Then there's the fine & court costs for forgetting to take the magazine into the privacy of the toilets! 😗 😳 😉