Some hope opposing the electric nightmare?

Sarky B’stard

Legendary Knight
A tank of Hydrogen is actually not nearly as scary as it sounds or as explosive and of course if the demand was as high as it is for ordinary cars then they would be very quick in developing even safer storage technologies. I remember reading accounts of RFC pilots trying to shoot down German Zeppelins and observations balloons. They tried regular machine gun bullets and they didn't have any effect except possibly a bit of loss of gas. They then used tracer and still it was incredibly difficult to set them on fire simply because hydrogen needs to be mixed with a really good amount of oxygen before it will go bang. Eventually they used explosive rounds which worked if done right. I would much rather use hydrogen than batteries. I remember seeing a thing about fire crews being trained to work on electric vehicles and the risk of the vehicle electrocuting anyone who tried to get someone out of it would have put me right off going near them if I wasn't already extremely sceptical of them.
IMG_0944.jpeg

MartytheMartian

Legendary Knight
The Hindenburg wasn't holding it's Hydrogen in a compressed state, in the absence of Oxygen and, if the tank was ruptured or a hose leaked it would burn rather than go bang. For a good bang you need the mix of Hydrogen and Oxygen to be at a certain level before ignition and, if the tank ruptured catastrophically there would be a quick bang and not a raging fire. Now, if Lithium batteries go on fire nothing is stopping that puppy burning and it will burn out of control for a long time and burn everything else around it.

Ideally Petrol or Diesel is the way to go, it's proven technology and I'm sure it can be done more cleanly than it is done at present. I wonder what all the green supporters will have to say about the 'devastation' caused by fossil fuel drilling once it becomes clear the devastation globally caused by all the mining and refining needed for Lithium battery production not to mention all the old batteries that will be spontaneously combusting and creating huge landfill fires.

MartytheMartian

Legendary Knight
The liberal elite think they are the intelligentsia and are too arrogant and thick to realise that, when you leave folks with nothing left to lose, they become more dangerous to you than ever before. I'm ready and willing to join the fight back and I won't mind dying if the prize is ridding the UK of the biggest problem it has which is the middle class scum playing their unelected politics with our lives.

Sarky B’stard

Legendary Knight
The wheels are coming off the EV scam because Joe Public has rumbled they're an immature product and are literally not buying it. Governments are going to be backpedalling after attempts to tough it out. The French are dumping manure outside town halls, Berlin is under siege and the Dutch are ready to kick off again. This year's elections will see a major push back all round. I just wish we in the UK had a better choice on offer from the Uniparty. It'll come when the Tories get toasted and people taste the bitter fruit of Labour incompetence.