Some hope opposing the electric nightmare?

DD67

The Peace Keeper
Staff member
things are not looking good for EV insurance.......[titter]
Insurance companies have always wanted it all their own way. In their ideal world the premiums come in & no settlements are paid out.
However, they realise that will never happen. And there is always going to be an element of risk involved.
However, when that risk becomes too great they massively increase the premium or refuse to offer insurance full stop.

i.e. the Cosworth Sierra in the 1990's. In the end they became uninsurable due to how frequently they were stolen or crashed. It was a similar story with the early Honda Fireblade.

Unsurprisingly, EV's are even less attractive to insurers. As unlike a Cosworth Sierra they can spontaneously combust & take an entire multistorey carpark worth of other vehicles with them. Not to mention the fact that a relatively minor bump can write them off if the batteries are damaged.

Let's hope this crazy insurance premium hike is the final nail in EV's coffin.
Buyers were initially tempted by free road tax which unsurprisingly the government promptly did a U-turn on. The cost to rapid charge them is a lot more than the equivalent cost V's range in petrol or diesel. Now the insurance premiums are ridiculous as well.
Who in their right mind is going to purchase one? 🤔

DD67

The Peace Keeper
Staff member
This guy & his mate did a trip from John O'Groats to Lands End. Him in a very nice 2008 BMW 320D & his mate is a 2yr old Porsche Taycan EV. There's 4 videos is total & they are all well worth watching (unless you own an EV. If so, you'll be terminally embarrassed). The depreciation is so horrendous on the Porsche, I had to feel sorry for the guy.

Here's the video about depreciation...

Here's the other 3 parts if you have the time to watch them? If you can't be bothered to watch all 3 parts. Just watch part 3 showing what it cost them in diesel V's electricity. It's a joke & proves how expensive & inconvenient EV's really are to run ..

Tallpaul

Legendary Knight
This guy & his mate did a trip from John O'Groats to Lands End. Him in a very nice 2008 BMW 320D & his mate is a 2yr old Porsche Taycan EV. There's 4 videos is total & they are all well worth watching (unless you own an EV. If so, you'll be terminally embarrassed). The depreciation is so horrendous on the Porsche, I had to feel sorry for the guy.

Here's the video about depreciation...

Here's the other 3 parts if you have the time to watch them? If you can't be bothered to watch all 3 parts. Just watch part 3 showing what it cost them in diesel V's electricity. It's a joke & proves how expensive & inconvenient EV's really are to run ..

I've been following Geoff for some months now. I like his simplistic way of looking at the shit that Fishy and his cronies are foisting on us.