The Music Fans Thread

DD67

The Peace Keeper
Staff member
What music do you enjoy? I like almost every genre from the 1940's to the present day.
This young lady is a relatively new face on the music scene. She is awesome in just about every way! 😍

If she wore less clothing, she'd be perfect 🤗

chas

Legendary Knight
I'll give that an ear later when I can put speakers on.
Musically the only people I don't *get* are those who fossilise what they listen to. I'm always wanting to hear something *new* that lights up my ears like 'Teenage Kicks', but I don't want to listen to Teenage Kicks on loop on some closed off spotify playlist or niche radio station.
I genuinely think a lot of my attitudes to music were, if not formed, encouraged by listening to the late John Peel most nights when I was a young teen. I'd happily slog through some unlistenable shite to hear something new I could love. And I've changed my mind about some of the unlistenable shite. I quite like The Fall now. Selectively ;)

MartytheMartian

Legendary Knight
I enjoy most things with a tune from Classical, folk and even Viol and medieval plainsong to banjo, bluegrass, country and western, early blues and jazz, rock'n'roll, rockabilly, heavy metal, thrash, doom and death metal, punk, psychobilly, ska and even Mongolian Death Metal. The only 'music' genre's I can't abide at all are Rap, Hip Hop, Jungle, House, Dance and that London gangster stuff. Not big on Grunge, Industrial, New Romantics or general 'Pop' either.

Big Sandy

Legendary Knight
I like Motorhead... I thought the slow version of Ace of Spades was good too.

But yeah, will listen to anything, once. Rainbow, Thin Lizzy, Motorhead, Iron Maiden, Blues, bluegrass, all the 70's and 80's stuff... Eurythmics, Queen.. The Stones, some massive names.

Modern stuff, yeah it's okay, listen to-able..... Quite like a lot of it... But I no longer really care or know who it is!

Flynnt20

Legendary Knight
Big Big Thin Lizzy fan , seen em 9 times and also Black Star Riders , Scott Gorham on Guitar so heavily Lizzy influenced and of course like near enough everyone else in the world there are times when only Queen will do , like most of the " real rock bands " , zepplin , deep purple , ac/dc , etc and believe it or not quite partial to a bit of Classical music

chas

Legendary Knight
I enjoy most things with a tune from Classical, folk and even Viol and medieval plainsong to banjo, bluegrass, country and western, early blues and jazz, rock'n'roll, rockabilly, heavy metal, thrash, doom and death metal, punk, psychobilly, ska and even Mongolian Death Metal. The only 'music' genre's I can't abide at all are Rap, Hip Hop, Jungle, House, Dance and that London gangster stuff. Not big on Grunge, Industrial, New Romantics or general 'Pop' either.
Baroque stuff bounces off my ears. I've a mate who is proficient in Baroque music (teaches and has supported Judas Priest in his other guise as a doom/thrash guitarist) but although I've tried it's like listening to bloody Gaemelin(sp) to me.
And I can listen to Marc Ribot. Doing one.

DD67

The Peace Keeper
Staff member
Big Big Thin Lizzy fan , seen em 9 times and also Black Star Riders , Scott Gorham on Guitar so heavily Lizzy influenced and of course like near enough everyone else in the world there are times when only Queen will do , like most of the " real rock bands " , zepplin , deep purple , ac/dc , etc and believe it or not quite partial to a bit of Classical music
Especially for you Flynn...

chas

Legendary Knight
I like Motorhead... I thought the slow version of Ace of Spades was good too.

But yeah, will listen to anything, once. Rainbow, Thin Lizzy, Motorhead, Iron Maiden, Blues, bluegrass, all the 70's and 80's stuff... Eurythmics, Queen.. The Stones, some massive names.

Modern stuff, yeah it's okay, listen to-able..... Quite like a lot of it... But I no longer really care or know who it is!
Here to help/ share the pain. I usually watch Glasto coverage with the words. 'Oh, I like this. So that's who they are'
otoh I can likely give you the track listing (vinyl, obv) to any album I aquired in my twenties. And I've likely more than four ;)

Flynnt20

Legendary Knight
Gotta agree MTM , the likes of rap , hip hop , jungle , house etc is just shocking , all produced by people whos only talent is with a laptop or similar , there is something special about the lights going down and seeing people on a stage that can actually play

MartytheMartian

Legendary Knight
I am not too much of a fan of 'upbeat' Baroque music @chas but I do like the deep melancholy Viol stuff like Marin Marais and Sainte Colombe and I have a real soft spot for J.S. Bach.