What Are You Drinking Tonight?

DD67

The Peace Keeper
Staff member
Was £7.50 off so thought I'd try this...

View attachment 23365

Very pleasant, but I'd not choose it over my usual, especially at the full price.
I purchased a bottle last month when it was on offer at £22.80.
The kindest thing I can say about it. Is it's only just about ok at that price, but a rip off at the full price. A sexy bottle though that makes it look far more expensive than it is.

Give this a try...
Screenshot_20230320-172939-423.png

A very nice promo lady was handing out thimble size measures of this new to the mass market whiskey in my local Sainsbury's last week. At £20 it's good value.
But the deal to end all deals is still Paddy at £15 on Amazon or in Morrisons 😋

Scrappy

Legendary Knight
I purchased a bottle last month when it was on offer at £22.80.
The kindest thing I can say about it. Is it's only just about ok at that price, but a rip off at the full price. A sexy bottle though that makes it look far more expensive than it is.

Give this a try...
View attachment 23366

A very nice promo lady was handing out thimble size measures of this new to the mass market whiskey in my local Sainsbury's last week. At £20 it's good value.
But the deal to end all deals is still Paddy at £15 on Amazon or in Morrisons 😋

Yep you're right in saying that price does not indicate quality. So far I've only tried a couple of single malts, Bushmills 10 year (£36/70cl) and Sexton (£32/70cl), but I by far prefer the cheaper blended whiskeys Tullamore Dew which is often obtainable for £16/70cl and Bushmills Black Bush often for £24/1ltr. When Tullamore & Black Bush are on offer, for my taste I think they're practically unbeatable.

DD67

The Peace Keeper
Staff member
Yep you're right in saying that price does not indicate quality. So far I've only tried a couple of single malts, Bushmills 10 year (£36/70cl) and Sexton (£32/70cl), but I by far prefer the cheaper blended whiskeys Tullamore Dew which is often obtainable for £16/70cl and Bushmills Black Bush often for £24/1ltr. When Tullamore & Black Bush are on offer, for my taste I think they're practically unbeatable.
Off the back of my contributions to the "What are you drinking tonight" section on our previous home. I ended up with 3 guys regularly asking for my advice/recommendations via PM for types of Irish whiskey.
They seemed to think that if I said it was good, it would be? 🤔
Until I politely pointed out that I never claimed anything other than I liked certain brands or I didn't.

Those 3 guys eventually got thinned down to 2 guys & everything I said that I liked, they did as well. But all that proves is that we had similar taste in whiskey 🙂
IMHO, there's no such thing as great whiskey or shite whiskey. Just like music, there's the type you like & the type you don't.

My current go too favourite is Paddy. At £21 it's excellent value. But at £15 it's an absolute steal! 😋

Sarky B’stard

Legendary Knight
Well they know nowt! They utterly fail to distinguish between grain and malt whiskies for starters..... never mind blends. Journalists 🙄. The less they know, the more they opine.

DD67

The Peace Keeper
Staff member
I always knew there was something suspect about Jack Daniels drinkers. One who's seen the light(er)

He's obviously a bit of a redneck retard if he thinks his expensive protest will achieve anything useful.
But I've gotta admire his principles 👍