What Are You Drinking Tonight?

Scrappy

Legendary Knight
It's just turned up (early) about 10 minutes ago. It's nice but the black cherry is the predominant taste. Vanilla is more of a background taste.
I'm not usually a rum drinker. But if the same rules apply as whisky/whiskey. Maybe adding a drop of water will release all the flavours?

Maybe you should try this?...

Screenshot_20231119-181644.png

Deal: Bushmills Caribbean Rum Cask Finish, 700 Millilitres https://amzn.eu/d/0ijPku5

I'm very tempted 😋

DD67

The Peace Keeper
Staff member
Maybe you should try this?...

View attachment 27415

Deal: Bushmills Caribbean Rum Cask Finish, 700 Millilitres https://amzn.eu/d/0ijPku5

I'm very tempted 😋
My guess is it'll be shite. Just like every time spirit manufacturers stray away from what they do best. What possible connection is there between Irish whiskey & Carribbean rum? 🤔

Having said that, please save me a tiny drop to try 😃

Scrappy

Legendary Knight
My guess is it'll be shite. Just like every time spirit manufacturers stray away from what they do best. What possible connection is there between Irish whiskey & Carribbean rum? 🤔

Having said that, please save me a tiny drop to try 😃

I'm guessing a bit like Jameson's Caskmates and I like both of their IPA and Stout editions. I like Bushmills and I like Jamaican rum, so this sounds like a marriage made in heaven, or I hope so 🤔

MeMe!!

Forum Knight
Well after a weekend of intense academic research*, I’ve called it a day and have gone up early with a large glass of JB Red Stag.
It’s not nice, but it’s getting the job done.

*research results just in. No, don’t be a twat, you’re 56 and you can’t reasonably to come away from a night caning it until the early hours, bouncing around like a twat and come away on the Sunday unscathed.
Further critical research updates to follow.

DD67

The Peace Keeper
Staff member
I have a question for you guys in Jockistan @MartytheMartian @Big Sandy @Don the Don ...

I was just on Amazon looking at their booze prices & I spotted this...
Screenshot_20231130-150317.png

If you're a scotch drinker, I reckon that's an absolute bargain!
In fact I don't mind the occasional drop of Grouse myself when visiting heathen friends who don't stock proper whiskey.
Anyway, back to my question...
As there is a minimum alcohol pricing law in place in Scotland (& Wales I think @Flynnt20 ?) Please could you guys check the online price. You don't have to buy any, just check the price please.
I'm wondering if Amazon is smart enough to know you guys can't have it for that price? Or is an Amazon order a way for you to circumvent what is an utterly ridiculous rule.
i.e. people with alcohol addiction will always find a way to get drunk as cheaply as possible. So why punish the entire country?!? 😒
Or is it simply yet another stealth tax masquerading as a way to improve your health? 🤔

MartytheMartian

Legendary Knight
I don't do Amazon but I just checked on ASDA where I normally do my weekly shopping and 70cl of Grouse from the is only fourteen quid so I guess that must be a price that is OK even with minimum unit pricing here. Not being a drinker for a long time I've no idea what the minimum unit price actually means but I'd imagine it affects the real cheap end of the spectrum like Grants Vodka and Whiskey, Tennents Super, Mad Dog, Buckfast and that sort of thing.

DD67

The Peace Keeper
Staff member
I don't do Amazon but I just checked on ASDA where I normally do my weekly shopping and 70cl of Grouse from the is only fourteen quid so I guess that must be a price that is OK even with minimum unit pricing here. Not being a drinker for a long time I've no idea what the minimum unit price actually means but I'd imagine it affects the real cheap end of the spectrum like Grants Vodka and Whiskey, Tennents Super, Mad Dog, Buckfast and that sort of thing.
Cheers, last I heard it was 50p per unit. Making something like a four pack of Tennants Super close to £10.
But from what you're saying the minimum pricing won't work if for just £4 more you can buy a bottle of whisky 🤔

MartytheMartian

Legendary Knight
I am guessing that, for all the fuss made about minimum unit pricing the only people it really affects are the makers of really cheap booze and the brands that the people the Scottish government would consider 'worthwhile' people would never dream of drinking. If anything it works in favour of company's like Grouse because it squeezes their competition out of the market after all why would anyone other than worthless scum from the lowest echelons want to drink disgusting Tennents Super when, for a few dollars more, they can enjoy a good bottle of blended whisky from a 'reputable' factory, sorry distillery. Funny isn't it that we think of a distillery as some ancient cathedral to the 'art' of turning grass seeds into strong alcohol when all it is really is a big chemical plant producing ethanol that is then flavoured with the remains of sherry and the wood of oak casks.

Big Sandy

Legendary Knight
I have a question for you guys in Jockistan @MartytheMartian @Big Sandy @Don the Don ...

I was just on Amazon looking at their booze prices & I spotted this...
View attachment 27495

If you're a scotch drinker, I reckon that's an absolute bargain!
In fact I don't mind the occasional drop of Grouse myself when visiting heathen friends who don't stock proper whiskey.
Anyway, back to my question...
As there is a minimum alcohol pricing law in place in Scotland (& Wales I think @Flynnt20 ?) Please could you guys check the online price. You don't have to buy any, just check the price please.
I'm wondering if Amazon is smart enough to know you guys can't have it for that price? Or is an Amazon order a way for you to circumvent what is an utterly ridiculous rule.
i.e. people with alcohol addiction will always find a way to get drunk as cheaply as possible. So why punish the entire country?!? 😒
Or is it simply yet another stealth tax masquerading as a way to improve your health? 🤔
I'll put you off drinking it now... Both me and my dog used to regularly piss in the reservoir they took the water from. 🤣