Last Film You Watched

Big Sandy

Legendary Knight
On a theme of watching older films, last night I watched "The day the earth stood still" from 1951 followed by "A matter of life and death" from 1946.

Both good films, the first way better in plot than the Keanu Reeve's remake, and the second very typical of it's time, very stiff upper lip. Better than many new films I have sat through lately, where you get to the end and go "What was that about?"

Screenshot_20240315-082500.png

Screenshot_20240315-082407.png

Last edited:

Sarky B’stard

Legendary Knight
It’s more of an admission than anything but the lame publicity from that Aussie actress flogging a book by bad mouthing Sacha Baron Cohen had me finally watch The Brothers Grimsby on Netflix. I expected bad taste and it greatly exceeded my expectations.

1711729781968.jpeg
It was very moving. At times I howled

Big Sandy

Legendary Knight
In keeping with my current theme of old fillums...

Laughter in Paradise. The relative dies, leaves them £50000 each in the will. They have to complete a task to get the money, or forfeit it. The last laugh is on them. (Also, think it was Audrey Hepburn's first film?)

laughter-in-paradise.jpg

And also last night, what is considered to be the first ever Ealing comedy, filmed on the bomb sites in London in 1947, directed by Charles Crichton. "Hue and Cry"

Hue_and_Cry_UK_quad_poster.jpg

Last edited:

Capt. Drunkey

King Of The Schnitzelwiesels
"Poor Things".

View attachment 29251

How to describe this? Weird, kind of a Frankenstein comedy. Funny, but...weird.

Actually enjoyed it. One line amused me..."She grabbed my hairy business!"
I loved it: As you said; a mix of Frankenstein, Delikatessen, City of the lost children…
Opulent and decadent! Superb and funny dialogue and great actors.
Steampunk meets Technicolor! 🤪

Big Sandy

Legendary Knight
Netflix series... Lots of blood and FX.

Parasyte, The Grey. It was originally an anime series. Hoping the live action is as good as the anime! Looking good so far.

Screenshot_20240405-212807.png

Screenshot_20240405-212659.png

Remember the Demogorgon in Stranger things? Most of them lookie like that.