Pets

Tricky Dicky

Legendary Knight
I am feeling really guilty, just been to the vets, last night Oki was in the yard for a pee, and he found a slug so before I could get to him he's grabbed it and took off as he thinks it's a game so I had a smallish lump of carrot in my hand so thinking if I throw it at him, it might make him jump and drop the slug......well it did that alright it hit him in the eye, and he yelped big time, the poor bugger was really upset and had half-closed eye and needed lots of attention,
If you know Shepherds they are proper wimps when it comes to things like that and being just a puppy it was worse, anyway, we bathed it with cold tea as its good for eyes, but this morning he was looking very sorry for himself and was taking a fair bit of coxing to go and do his business in the yard and was a bit wimpery, managed to make him feel a bit better, but he had definitely put the blame firmly on me, anyway he is a lot happier now and has got some eye drops and I think he has forgiven me now but still feeling guilty.

If you don't know slugs and snails can carry lung worms which can kill a dog, so that's why I was trying so hard to make him drop it.

gazzatriumph

Legendary Knight
I am feeling really guilty, just been to the vets, last night Oki was in the yard for a pee, and he found a slug so before I could get to him he's grabbed it and took off as he thinks it's a game so I had a smallish lump of carrot in my hand so thinking if I throw it at him, it might make him jump and drop the slug......well it did that alright it hit him in the eye, and he yelped big time, the poor bugger was really upset and had half-closed eye and needed lots of attention,
If you know Shepherds they are proper wimps when it comes to things like that and being just a puppy it was worse, anyway, we bathed it with cold tea as its good for eyes, but this morning he was looking very sorry for himself and was taking a fair bit of coxing to go and do his business in the yard and was a bit wimpery, managed to make him feel a bit better, but he had definitely put the blame firmly on me, anyway he is a lot happier now and has got some eye drops and I think he has forgiven me now but still feeling guilty.

If you don't know slugs and snails can carry lung worms which can kill a dog, so that's why I was trying so hard to make him drop it.
Try advocate that kills lung worms prescription only though