What Are You Drinking Tonight?

Old Nick

Legendary Knight
A good mate gave me a bottle of Talisker Skye a few weeks ago.
I still haven't opened it, in case he asks for my opinion on it 🥴
By all accounts it ain't cheap. Therefore I could find myself feeling obliged to say something nice about it 😳

Regular entry level Talisker is peaty (TCP tasting) enough. Without exposing it to the entire contents of a veterinary surgeons used anal swabs bucket! Which apparently the Storm & Skye versions are like? 🤒
The TCP peatiness is what I like(y) a splash of water (sacrilege I know) tones it down a bit - better than Lagavulin my other favourite which is stupid expensive now:cautious:

smib

Legendary Knight
A good mate gave me a bottle of Talisker Skye a few weeks ago.
I still haven't opened it, in case he asks for my opinion on it 🥴
By all accounts it ain't cheap. Therefore I could find myself feeling obliged to say something nice about it 😳

Regular entry level Talisker is peaty (TCP tasting) enough. Without exposing it to the entire contents of a veterinary surgeons used anal swabs bucket! Which apparently the Storm & Skye versions are like? 🤒
TCP... Fuck it 🤔 you are right DD. That's what it tastes of🤒

DD67

The Peace Keeper
Staff member
The TCP peatiness is what I like(y) a splash of water (sacrilege I know) tones it down a bit - better than Lagavulin my other favourite which is stupid expensive now:cautious:
Morrisons had Paddy whiskey on offer last week for £15 (usually it's £21+)
If it's still that cheap, & if you haven't tried it?
Give it a whirl Nick.
I'll be surprised if you aren't impressed 🙂

Sarky B’stard

Legendary Knight
Tea an infusion, whiskey a distillation and cask maturation. How exactly is the ‘soil’ removed from the distillate, in fact, how the hell did it get in there in the first place when the flavour is from pest smoke used to dry the barley? If the flavour wasn’t desired, it wouldn’t be there….. 🤔

DD67

The Peace Keeper
Staff member
Tea an infusion, whiskey a distillation and cask maturation. How exactly is the ‘soil’ removed from the distillate, in fact, how the hell did it get in there in the first place when the flavour is from pest smoke used to dry the barley?
That's the myth you guys like to perpetuate.
I'm sure I've seen dead worms & grass in Scottish malts 😉

smib

Legendary Knight
Tea an infusion, whiskey a distillation and cask maturation. How exactly is the ‘soil’ removed from the distillate, in fact, how the hell did it get in there in the first place when the flavour is from pest smoke used to dry the barley? If the flavour wasn’t desired, it wouldn’t be there….. 🤔
So how does the TCP get in there😳🤔😁

DD67

The Peace Keeper
Staff member
I can't be arsed to type out the entire story. But the short version is that I experimented with adding TCP to a £10 bottle of supermarket value range Scotch. The one they used to sell in a plastic bottle 🥴

I eventually got the ratio right. So it tasted to me like a lot of expensive Scottish malts. Then I told a mate who's an incurable snob. That I'd spent a small fortune on a rare Scottish malt but hate it.
Obviously, he loved it & said I only didn't appreciate it cos I have no taste 😳

Then I told the prick what he was actually drinking! 😉

DD67

The Peace Keeper
Staff member
Well my gums are still tingling mate (y)

But my teeth feel clean, beats the pants off mouthwash:)
@smib can't come to the keyboard right now.
Please leave a message after the tone....

What a pussy eh, especially on a Friday night! I expect he's sitting down for his pre bedtime pi$$ as well 😏
Oops! Did I forget to take my finger off the record button on the answerphone? 😳......."BEEP"

😉