What Are You Drinking Tonight?

DD67

The Peace Keeper
Staff member
I've been drinking a bit of lager during this heat wave. Last night I found a great deal on 15 x 440ml cans of 1664 for £11 at Sainsbury's.
I ordered 4 & they have just been delivered. One of the boxes was damp so the driver said he'd get it refunded in case there was a burst can.
I went to hand him that box back but he said to keep it. As it would only end up as individual cans in a bargain bin.
What a result! 🙂

Then I emptied out the box looking for the burst can & there wasn't one 😃
The leak was obviously from another box. 60 x 440ml can at 5% for £33 🤗

The old adverts on telly for it were as funny as f#ck 🤣...

Scrappy

Legendary Knight
That's Ducks favourite tipple 🙂

My favourite at the moment is still Bushmills Black Bush, but I need to do more research ;) That Redbrest that you brought round was bloody nice, but might be a bit rich both in favour and price for a regular drink, as you said best for an occasional savour.

DD67

The Peace Keeper
Staff member
That Redbrest that you brought round was bloody nice, but might be a bit rich both in favour and price for a regular drink, as you said best for an occasional savour.
I struggle with the idea that it has to be on offer to drop below £50 for a 70cl bottle 🥴
Hence my suggestion that you ask for it for birthdays & Christmas.

BTW...
The bottle I brought around is the entry level version.
They offer other versions.
20220714_185409.jpg
😳

Doc Strange

Legendary Knight
Last night I tried a drink I'd never had before!

Was out with my older biker neighbour in our local having a pint and we got chatting about different additions to a pint - I recommended port & Guinness and he told me when he was a barman in the 70s he once had a woman ask for cider and ginger wine and it was good.

Inevitably, this led to trying a half and he was right - delicious and very moreish :)

Not cheap, but strong, and definitely worth trying once!

DS

DD67

The Peace Keeper
Staff member
Last night I tried a drink I'd never had before!

Was out with my older biker neighbour in our local having a pint and we got chatting about different additions to a pint - I recommended port & Guinness and he told me when he was a barman in the 70s he once had a woman ask for cider and ginger wine and it was good.

Inevitably, this led to trying a half and he was right - delicious and very moreish :)

Not cheap, but strong, and definitely worth trying once!

DS
Try a Guinness with a shot of Jack Daniels added.
I tastes like a JD milkshake 😋

DD67

The Peace Keeper
Staff member
Portland maine has a very big Naval base, spent a good few days there on our way further west, good blokes nice beer, you should enjoy that Jez as you say a session beer
The "Portland Maine" reference is just creative marketing Don.
It's brewed in the UK by Marstons.
They've done a great job though. It's 95% as good as an expensive craft IPA at more than double the price 😃

chas

Legendary Knight
A very pleasant brew & at only 4.5% it's an ideal session beer for this heat wave 😋...

View attachment 19282
Whilst there is rarely that thing of 'not nice beer' I'm not a fan of the American styled 'IPA' brews with the citra hops and sometimes (to my palate) the citrus notes being artificially boosted. I've a case of Brewdog Punk IPA that I'll do the odd can of but after a couple I'll change drink
It's brewed in the UK by Marstons.
Marstons Pedigree is a proper session beer.