What Are You Drinking Tonight?

DD67

The Peace Keeper
Staff member
Mission accomplished & Vladimir says I'm already a very useful member of the team. He says that if I carry on like this he might upgrade me from the TFR squirty bottle to the jet wash this afternoon 😃
They're a great bunch of lads even with the language barrier.
I'm smiling & nodding a lot (as ya do when dealing with Johnny foreigner)
I think I may have agreed to marry one of their daughters, or to put a deposit down on a donkey sanctuary in Uzbekistan? 🤔

BAD LUCK DUCK

Forum Duck
Mission accomplished & Vladimir says I'm already a very useful member of the team. He says that if I carry on like this he might upgrade me from the TFR squirty bottle to the jet wash this afternoon 😃
I think I may have agreed to marry one of their daughters, or to put a deposit down on a donkey sanctuary in Uzbekistan? 🤔
Brilliant 🤣🤣🤣👍🦆

Holy Shit

Legendary Knight
Glad to hear you’re doing your bit for our multi cultural society.👍

DD67

The Peace Keeper
Staff member
Glad to hear you’re doing your bit for our multi cultural society.👍
Not any more HS.
Nobody told me there was a hierarchy to be observed regarding the nicking of customers loose change from what used to be called the ashtray ☹
I did manage to achieve the dizzy heights of interior hoovering out guy first though. With a distinction in floor mat shaking & airfreshner installation 😍

Holy Shit

Legendary Knight
Not any more HS.
Nobody told me there was a hierarchy to be observed regarding the nicking customers loose change from what used to be called the ashtray ☹
I did manage to achieve the dizzy heights of interior hoovering out guy first though. With a distinction in floor mat shaking & airfreshner installation 😍
What a shame,I’m sure your skills are much missed.

BAD LUCK DUCK

Forum Duck
Tonight I'm being taken out in public by the new and improved model I've named as " Bad Lady Duck " and she is going to let me drink anything I want and as also bought me a bottle of jamesons crested that I shall be filling my whiskey flask with that @DD67 bought me so I'm curious as to how the evening will go...
Cheers my forum muckers 🦆

half ton

Legendary Knight
just cleared my sinuses..🤧 Had my first slug of Jamesons Triple Distilled and my nose started to burn and my eyes started to water....it says SMOOTH on the label...yeh right..it's about as smooth as a babies bum (a baby hedgehog maybe)
It was given to me by a resident after I set up his new telly for him,He got really pissed off when I refused it so it came home with me....oh well better get stuck in as can't stand wasting something.

Now drinking it out of a shot glass so I can tip it down quicker....second glass burnt just as bad as the first....be back soon IF it improves.

chas

Legendary Knight
just cleared my sinuses..🤧 Had my first slug of Jamesons Triple Distilled and my nose started to burn and my eyes started to water....it says SMOOTH on the label...yeh right..it's about as smooth as a babies bum (a baby hedgehog maybe)
It was given to me by a resident after I set up his new telly for him,He got really pissed off when I refused it so it came home with me....oh well better get stuck in as can't stand wasting something.

Now drinking it out of a shot glass so I can tip it down quicker....second glass burnt just as bad as the first....be back soon IF it improves.
Feel your pain mate, I've never thrown a bottle of free whisk(e)y away but I've struggled through some heinous offerings.
One pure ignorant bastard bought me a bottle of Bells once and thought I should be grateful, but I digress.
The really awful stuff gets degraded to only fit for making coffee interesting.

Try offering to unwelcome visitors in the hope they'll piss off promptly?

stevethegoolie

Sword of Fenrir
I recently bought a bottle of 'Single Grain' whisky from that nice Mr.Lidl. Fookin' awful. Serves me right, I know. I should have known better. It had a strange aftertaste of ... errr ... cauliflower/cabbage/sprouts. Just about finished it with assistance from ice (left to melt for a while to dilute the bloody stuff) and a goodly slug of 'fresh' orange juice which, between them, just about masked the weird taste of the whisky. I promise I'll get some proper stuff after our house move - don't want to put a bottle of decent stuff at risk in a removals wagon!

Sarky B’stard

Legendary Knight
‘Single grain’. Sounds pretty dilute! It’s a measure of how the marketing men weave nonsense out of nothing by relying on people’s ignorance of the process because grain whisky is, er, the cheapest. And blending can give less cabbage for the same raspberries.…
It is a personal taste thing. I like generally like whisky but would never thank you for Teacher’s.