What Are You Drinking Tonight?

stevethegoolie

Sword of Fenrir
‘Single grain’. Sounds pretty dilute! It’s a measure of how the marketing men weave nonsense out of nothing by relying on people’s ignorance of the process because grain whisky is, er, the cheapest. And blending can give less cabbage for the same raspberries.…
It is a personal taste thing. I like generally like whisky but would never thank you for Teacher’s.
Yes, I got caught out! In my defence m'lud I was in the queue for the checkout and in my rush I thought it was on special offer. Lesson learned!! It would have made Teachers seem like a beautiful single malt though!!

Sarky B’stard

Legendary Knight
Yes. I'm led to believe he sold up to a bigger brewer, then started Black Sheep up.
That’s the story. The Theakston family sold out to Scottish & Newcastle but Paul got bored started Black Sheep and his son now runs the revival. However, boredom runs in the family because they bought back the controlling interest from S&N and Theakstons are again the biggest independent brewers after Shepherd Neame…..

stevethegoolie

Sword of Fenrir
We called it Shepherd Anaemic when I was at college in Canterbury way back in the late 60s/early 70s. To be fair, the brewery found out about what we were calling them and organised a trip for some of the students to see how they brewed their beers and sample the same. Apparently a good time was had by all.
Guess who didn't make that trip!! SIGH!!!