What Are You Drinking Tonight?

Doc Strange

Legendary Knight
I'm gonna buy a whiskey decanter and glass set like I bought for my grandad when I was a little kid and saved up for years to buy him....

Well we've one like this with 4 glasses you can have if you want:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/353535543383?hash=item52505c4857:g:iegAAOSwjaJgyLS1

A unused wedding present we've carted around the globe for nearly 27 years!

If it's gonna help a duck have a drink, we won't feel guilty about chucking out wedding presents :)

DS

Public Enemy

Enforcer
Staff member
Cool!

Does anyone who is going to Sywell Aerodrome today live near you?

If they're able, I could take it down and ask them to run it up to ya.

DS
I live fairly close to @BAD LUCK DUCK, but I can't make it to Sywell today. But if you're able to leave it with @DD67, I'm sure I'll be passing his place in the next couple of weeks. I haven't discussed it with either of them, but it's an option.

BAD LUCK DUCK

Forum Duck
Nah, you're welcome to it @BAD LUCK DUCK - but good that it gets to see some use after all these years in a box.

And sherry decanters are the ones that are wide at the bottom and then go thin at the top I beleive.

DS
Thanks @Doc Strange
Have to get a posh irish single malt to put in it now🤔👍

It's definitely a sherry decanter then...I shall put some rum in it in case any sailors ever visit..we all know what them ex navy types are like😳🤣🤣🤣

DD67

The Peace Keeper
Staff member
Tell us what your tipple of choice is for this evening in the forum public bar or lounge?

As some of you know, I'm a big fan of Irish whiskey & not a fan of the Scottish variety at all.
But as we all know there's always an exception to the rule.
This is genuinely a superb Scotch....
View attachment 218
If you don't drink alcohol at all? Don't tell me about it. I have enough problems trying to trust normal people. Without having to deal with you weird f#ckers as well! 😳 🥴 😉 😎
If you don't smoke ciggies. Disregard what I said about that Haig Club.
I had a glass from an already opened bottle last week & it tasted totally different, & not nice at all.
But to give it a fair craic I purchased a fresh bottle to be double sure.

Same result & the same nasty chemical taste to it! 🤮
Yet I really rated it when I was smoking 🤔
For me to rate any scotch is incredibly rare & this stuff should be rebranded. As the Irish whiskey drinker/smokers scotch.
Or just use it to unblock your drains, like all other scotch whisky 😉

My humble apologies for the original bum info & my momentary lapse in reason 😔

Sarky B’stard

Legendary Knight
You wouldn’t really use David Beckham to promote it if taste was the selling point 🙄

And smokers kipper their taste buds so tend to prefer rougher edge fare.