What have you done to your bike today....

Don the Don

Legendary Knight
"Duck" there is tape and there is tape, the market is awash with crap products mainly from that country not worthy of mentioning, the idea of Sandi and endorsed by Scrappy is a very good solution and would be useful for future jobs, I hope you get it done soon mate.

Flynnt20

Legendary Knight
The threads on the primary side of the Tiger cub have been as slack as a yak for years so today i have Helicoiled them all so when the cover goes back on i can get it nice and tight , had to do summat as SWMBO is baking for Christmas and i was physically ejaculated out of the kitchen !!!!

Flynnt20

Legendary Knight
Well I'm glad someone started a thread about what you mods you done today or whatever else you may have done to your bike today..

Today I've been attempting to sort the wiring out at the front of my bike..I don't know if you all remember the rats nest that was and how I basically chopped some wires off zip tied and taped it all up and ta da...

Never been happy with how it was so today I tried camouflaging the mess with corrugated split conduit..I was impressed with the look as I have a long term plan im working to...
Anyway after all my hard work I decided I could do way better...so I ripped it all apart and decided that the block connectors are going and started snipping and chopping away at wires...
Unfortunately I ran out of daylight so I was only able to solder one wire together and I f#cked that up..so first light tomorrow and I'm on it...

Here are some photos for you to peruse and get a basic gist of what I'm up to....😉View attachment 482View attachment 483View attachment 484View attachment 485View attachment 486View attachment 487
For future reference if anyone needs any of this conduit ( 1/2 inch and 1 inch) for future projects i have feckin miles of it here , its not split but you can do that yourself , just let me know folks

Scrappy

Legendary Knight
I've got half a dozen rolls of so called electrical tape and weather proof tape varying in expense and I have to say they've all been crap...Can't seem to be able to get quality products anymore...One of the reasons I'm doing the corrugated plastic tube thing...

I can vouch for the tape in the link provided, I've used it on both my bikes. It is rubber (or rubber like) and stretches a little. You apply it in one length under tension, slightly overlapping each wind around the cables, then within a couple of hours it "amalgamates" and its weatherproof and you can't unwind it, you would need to cut it (carefully) to get it off.

BAD LUCK DUCK

Forum Duck
I can vouch for the tape in the link provided, I've used it on both my bikes. It is rubber (or rubber like) and stretches a little. You apply it in one length under tension, slightly overlapping each wind around the cables, then within a couple of hours it "amalgamates" and its weatherproof and you can't unwind it, you would need to cut it (carefully) to get it off.
I just ordered two rolls...cheers @Scrappy

BAD LUCK DUCK

Forum Duck
Things went a bit tits up working on wiring today and bike looks a mess...
Far too cold to even attempt to work on snipping/stripping wires but I somehow botched it back together...
I can do way better and I know it..It aint staying like that and I reckon I can lose loads more wiring...

Tallpaul

Legendary Knight
Things went a bit tits up working on wiring today and bike looks a mess...
Far too cold to even attempt to work on snipping/stripping wires but I somehow botched it back together...
I can do way better and I know it..It aint staying like that and I reckon I can lose loads more wiring...
That's the spirit, keep applying heat until it's all melted away. (That's what happens when I solder)

BAD LUCK DUCK

Forum Duck
I thought I'd start my bike up and make sure battery is not flat...Bike started up just fine...Great stuff...unfortunately though I now have only one headlight...Fuses all good and both lights work on main beam...
Bearing in mind it was all working just after I had a play with the wiring...
I can't even get a replacement bulb as shops are closed and no post being delivered at the moment as our lane is thick with snow...20201230_122140.jpg
20201230_122148.jpg