What have you done to your bike today....

Big Sandy

Legendary Knight
Given that the sidelight bulb isn't working either, I'd say it's wiring, not bulb. From between relay and lamps, blue/red I 'think'. Or the earth. Earth would affect both.

I think on a bike lhs and rhs lights are wired independant, so rhs may have blue/white and blue/red while lhs may be blue/black and blue orange. Either way, it's main colour is blue.

BAD LUCK DUCK

Forum Duck
Given that the sidelight bulb isn't working either, I'd say it's wiring, not bulb. From between relay and lamps, blue/red I 'think'. Or the earth. Earth would affect both.

I think on a bike lhs and rhs lights are wired independant, so rhs may have blue/white and blue/red while lhs may be blue/black and blue orange. Either way, it's main colour is blue.
I kinda suspect that crap electrical insulation tape is partly responsible but until the new stuff arrives as recommended by @Scrappy i don't want to strip it all back down..it should have arrived with those solder connectors...
Plus it's minus something or another out there and I'm a fragile dainty little thing that doesn't like the cold on my little digits...🥶🥶🥶20201229_085054.jpg

Bad Billy

Piemantino Rossi
I kinda suspect that crap electrical insulation tape is partly responsible but until the new stuff arrives as recommended by @Scrappy i don't want to strip it all back down..it should have arrived with those solder connectors...
Plus it's minus something or another out there and I'm a fragile dainty little thing that doesn't like the cold on my little digits...🥶🥶🥶View attachment 868
It really is grim up North Duck! :eek:

You can keep the white stuff mate, life's hard enough without slipping around on that! :oops:

Big Sandy

Legendary Knight
I'm a fragile dainty little thing that doesn't like the cold on my little digits..
Not just the wiring that's blue then, huh?

Snow here too. I was shovelling it to clear the road end, so hot I took the sweatshirt off, down to just the tee... Stood there steaming. As in 'with steam coming off me', not 'steaming drunk'.

Guess you bought self amalgamating tape? Good stuff.... No good to use in tight spaces, as you have to stretch it for it to grip-fit but good stuff nonetheless. Most insulation tape is shite these dayses, won't even stick to itself!

Steve 998cc

Legendary Knight
Scored a set of pillion footrests and a pillion seat off fleabay. That puts my general rebuild and respay on my 2004 Z750 at a money draining end. Cost as much in parts and respray as I paid for it. Who knows what the cost would have been if it hadn't had a sweet 35k motor. It had the shock of it's life last week I introduced it to the first bucket of hot soapy water and polish it had seen for many years.

Steve 998cc

Legendary Knight
You will have to show us some pic's of the Z750 @Steve 998cc I bet it's a far cry from the old Twin Z750 of old
They are like chalk and cheese. bought it as a project rode it a few times before I stripped it down I liked it so I swapped my Yam fz1 gen 2 for the 2007 Z1000. The Z750 is a tidy road bike now not a show bike it will get it's nuts thrashed off same as the all my bikes.

BAD LUCK DUCK

Forum Duck
Not just the wiring that's blue then, huh?

Snow here too. I was shovelling it to clear the road end, so hot I took the sweatshirt off, down to just the tee... Stood there steaming. As in 'with steam coming off me', not 'steaming drunk'.

Guess you bought self amalgamating tape? Good stuff.... No good to use in tight spaces, as you have to stretch it for it to grip-fit but good stuff nonetheless. Most insulation tape is shite these dayses, won't even stick to itself!

Tape finally arrived yesterday..Far too cold and windy to be messing around with fiddling wires connectors and such...would just mess it up...20210103_101921.jpg

half ton

Legendary Knight
%$&*@ .... today I have been trying to make a cardboard pattern for a battery compartment for my Matchless ... %$&*@
But first I wanted to see how small a battery I could fit whilst still being capable of turning it over, Now my head is spinning and I still haven't made the bloody pattern,Anyone with any knowledge on the subject The standard battery is a YB14L-A2 or 12N14-3A,I want to fit a Lithium Battery so do I just go for CCA's or does it have to be a big fekker equivalent to the YB14

Flynnt20

Legendary Knight
Am i correct in thinking you want to fit a smaller ( in dimensions ) battery but obviously with the same output