Rant of the day

Sarky B’stard

Legendary Knight
There are all too many accidents looking for somewhere to happen and no amount of gear is going to help sudden deceleration on contact with a solid object. I suspect too many see race track images of high and low sides but lack the imagination to make the connection with the run off space provided in which to decelerate relatively slowly.

If you can't brake to minimal speed within available sight lines draw the obvious conclusion......

MartytheMartian

Legendary Knight
Watching a lot of these videos, not to mention the guys on the roads and comparing it with how the pro's ride at the TT or in the Irish road races the Pro's take it more steadily and safely than the ordinary bod's do and they still risk coming a propper cropper when it goes wrong. They seem to forget that road surfaces in the real world bear little resemblance to the tarmac laid down on a race track and are not engineered with high speed cornering really taken into account, just slapped down following the lie of the land and that there is always potential for loose gravel, oil and sundry garbage to make things 'interesting'. One video I watched that really was insane was of folks going around the Nurburgring, bikes and cars all mixed up together at stupid speeds with the bikers seemingly oblivious to the fact that those metal boxes could squish them instantly to a pulp.

MartytheMartian

Legendary Knight
I forgot to say in my previous comment of course that, at the TT and the other road racing events, they don't contend with oncoming traffic, the roads are checked beforehand for condition and hazards and they have marshals and medics on hand in the event of accidents plus riders new to the particular race explore it well beforehand so they know what lies ahead of them.

Sarky B’stard

Legendary Knight
I forgot to say in my previous comment of course that, at the TT and the other road racing events, they don't contend with oncoming traffic, the roads are checked beforehand for condition and hazards and they have marshals and medics on hand in the event of accidents plus riders new to the particular race explore it well beforehand so they know what lies ahead of them.
Balls!

BAD LUCK DUCK

Forum Duck
Short fat ugly women with Small person syndrome that think they can threaten and belittle a bus driver that's on his break minding is own business and the fat little fucker comes unstuck because they picked on me...
Boo hoo hoo she all of a sudden went..you've ruined my autistic child's life and he's missed all his exams today..you threatened my 11 year old son swore at him and took the piss out of him in front of the other children...
I did attempt to explain to the aggressive little pygmy however she was hysterical...
Enough was enough so she got told good and proper..
Had to jack my job in for the day..Put me right on one and been put on Diazapam and advised to relax and get a lot of rest sleep and avoid people..
I shall attempt to return to work after four days off without pay on Monday if I still have a job...
Talk to people rationally and calmly and I will help every way I can...Threatening me will get you nowhere and may escalate way beyond what any ordinary person would expect...
Bow down to no one and never except responsibility for someone else's bullshit 🦆