Rant of the day

Don the Don

Legendary Knight
I wanted to be a real person like all of you
I hope you can pull yourself out of this mate, But don't think for one moment that I am an example to look up to, I am ostracised by most my own family for telling them what I think and having the gall to call a spade a spade I have been called everything in this life bar a gentleman but I don't mind as most of it is true, Keep your spirit up and things will get better, next time I am down hopefully for the easter break I will look you up and stand you a good drink mate, "Sod them all bar one and bollocks to him"

MartytheMartian

Legendary Knight
Well I have to say that I ain't a 'real person' either @BAD LUCK DUCK we are all broken one way or another and there are way too many people out there now willing to attempt to destroy their fellow humans whenever they get a chance and they seem to have found the perfect weapons claiming autism, other disabilities, race, personal choice of sexual deviancy as their 'triggers' to use in battering ordinary people trying to get on with their ordinary lives as easily as possible. I count myself as highly fortunate to live in the arse end of a little village in the middle of nowhere where I look after my wife, play with my bikes and don't have to engage much with a single fuckin' prick in what is laughingly called 'society' these days and I landed here by luck rather than judgement. Sure I have my troubles with my wife having suffered mental and physical health problems for as long as we have been together, attempted suicide once and is still very shaky in the old noggin but for all that we get by I reckon. I know why 'Mountain Men' chose to be Mountain men and that was when the world was a lot less complicated than the shitehole it is now.

DD67

The Peace Keeper
Staff member
I was doing OK @Don the Don
I was planning a mini European tour on the bike visiting Dunkirk Arnhem Remagen and berchestgarten the eagles nest...I understand that a road is there that is motorbike heaven...
I worked so hard and got nearly a thousand pounds saved up to put towards making it happen..
I was finally getting somewhere positive and had hopes and dreams of finally for once in my life doing something for me I'd always wanted to do....
Now it's all falling apart my hopes dreams and really sad hopes of being happy for once with a great girl have all just been pulled out from underneath me..
I wanted to be a real person like all of you...you all inspire me to do better...
Now all I want is to teach some stupid bint a lesson in reality...
After all I've done..The sacrifices I made to save people..The justice I provided when the authorities and law failed...
The life's lost and the unmentionable suffering I was unable to prevent...
For some bint fucking pygmy to tell me what a bad person I am as tipped me over the edge..
I wanna be back where I was a week ago...
Right now and I know it's wrong and that's why I'm seeking medical help..
I just wanna shoot her in the fucking head...
She stole everything from me I'm minutes...
I wanna take it back and I only know one way to do that...
I hope my doctor can help.
If not then I'm a lost cause and someone should end me now...
I'd be grateful 🙏 🦆
Keep your chin up Duck. You're as much of a "real person". As any of us can claim to be.
Albeit with more feathers & a taste for Irish whiskey that I can only aspire to achieve 😃

PS...
Did you know that plump black ladies in their 20's give off a ridiculous amount of body heat? Especially noticable if you're crammed into a coach seat next to one for 2hrs. Don't ask how I know this, it'll give you nightmares 😳
She was pretty though & she laughed at my jokes. Therefore she was possibly mentally ill as well? 🤔

smib

Legendary Knight
I was doing OK @Don the Don
I was planning a mini European tour on the bike visiting Dunkirk Arnhem Remagen and berchestgarten the eagles nest...I understand that a road is there that is motorbike heaven...
I worked so hard and got nearly a thousand pounds saved up to put towards making it happen..
I was finally getting somewhere positive and had hopes and dreams of finally for once in my life doing something for me I'd always wanted to do....
Now it's all falling apart my hopes dreams and really sad hopes of being happy for once with a great girl have all just been pulled out from underneath me..
I wanted to be a real person like all of you...you all inspire me to do better...
Now all I want is to teach some stupid bint a lesson in reality...
After all I've done..The sacrifices I made to save people..The justice I provided when the authorities and law failed...
The life's lost and the unmentionable suffering I was unable to prevent...
For some bint fucking pygmy to tell me what a bad person I am as tipped me over the edge..
I wanna be back where I was a week ago...
Right now and I know it's wrong and that's why I'm seeking medical help..
I just wanna shoot her in the fucking head...
She stole everything from me I'm minutes...
I wanna take it back and I only know one way to do that...
I hope my doctor can help.
If not then I'm a lost cause and someone should end me now...
I'd be grateful 🙏 🦆
I feel your pain and anxiety duck, been in that desolate place a few times myself, currently just climbing out of the depression hole!
Think of what you have got around you, people and friends that will help you if they can, I'm sure by reading some of your previous posts you are a survivor.
Stay strong fella!

BAD LUCK DUCK

Forum Duck
Console yourself with the money you'll save skipping Remagen. The town is pretty enough but there's next to nothing left of the bridge apart from the Western approach ramp. It was all cleared for navigational reasons. Barges! I was there in 1982 and it won't have been improved for battlefield tourists.
That's useful...I shall look for an alternative..Nice one @Sarky B’stard 🦆

Tallpaul

Legendary Knight
We are all with you Dave. Try not to look inwards. Look outwards, don't dwell on this insignificant woman who obviously has her own problems and is venting them at you. You are a sound bloke who is feeling vulnerable, nothing wrong or pansy about that. We have ALL been there at some time or another. Take each day at a time and don't rely too heavily on the booze. Enjoy a drink as a reward for achieving targets which you can set yourself. Clean the bike, do a mini service, walk a mile, then walk 2 miles. Small stuff adds up. Shoot your way out!

DD67

The Peace Keeper
Staff member
Bradistan city of culture, but what culture?, mind you they also had Glasgow at one time so enough said
I drove through Glasgow when it had been awarded that city of culture status.
My best guess is it was around 1989 or 1990.
That guess is based on the fact I had a new company car & it was an 89/90 G reg.

My stand out memory is of a guy in a very tatty suit staggering around in front of the car at a red traffic light. Then just before the lights went green he was banging on the window wanting payment for his "dancin"
This was at approximately 10am 😳 🤣

Steve 998cc

Legendary Knight
Got MCN xmas special, free calendar, glossy all electric bikes not one with the whats now the infernal OOPS meant internal combustion engine, still the calendar made a good fire lighter. Don't know about most of you but I'll give up riding rather than ever ride an electric bike. It will be a long while before I buy another MCN now that it's started pandering to the environmentalists wokes.

Big Sandy

Legendary Knight
Remember you as a pathetic pansy
Unlikely. I see you as a decent guy who helps others, has a sense of humour, and who I reckon I could get on with fine.

Life sucks at times. Godz know I been there, and that black dog visits regularly ( you know, Chalky from the dam busters?😏) and so often it seems like you are alone with it all.

You aren't. You got Stacy, and a bunch of pals here. I know an internet friend is not the same, but we can listen if nothing else.

Easy to say, but try and think positive. (Less of them negative waves baby) I know it's easy to say, I've had it said to me, but it does help. I think if us lot can help, we will.

Don the Don

Legendary Knight
Got MCN xmas special, free calendar, glossy all electric bikes not one with the whats now the infernal OOPS meant internal combustion engine, still the calendar made a good fire lighter. Don't know about most of you but I'll give up riding rather than ever ride an electric bike. It will be a long while before I buy another MCN now that it's started pandering to the environmentalists wokes.
MCM has only been fit for wiping ones Bum for many years now