Some hope opposing the electric nightmare?

Tallpaul

Legendary Knight
I have a feeling that electric cars are about to become the "Betamax". Government subsidy and grant have seriously diminished. Charging points installation are slowing. There is a modern slavery issue regarding child labour, mining cobalt etc. in African states about to errupt. I'm looking forward to those smug bastards in Teslas struggling to get service and parts. (Even though a family member has one)

half ton

Legendary Knight
I have a feeling that electric cars are about to become the "Betamax". Government subsidy and grant have seriously diminished. Charging points installation are slowing. There is a modern slavery issue regarding child labour, mining cobalt etc. in African states about to errupt. I'm looking forward to those smug bastards in Teslas struggling to get service and parts. (Even though a family member has one)
A mate of mine has had a Nissan Leaf for nearly 2 yrs, Had a ride in it when it was new and have to admit it was a pleasant experience, He reconed on roughly 300 miles to a charge ......... 2yrs later he now says just over 200 miles is a truer figure and he is well pissed off as the Government are going to tax him £160 a year , And he's fuming cos a lot of those "dirty diesels" are staying at £30 a year 😂😂😂

Scrappy

Legendary Knight
Of course we already know all this shit but perhaps the rest of the world is finally waking up to another aspect of EV's that simply isn't good.

Of course government will use this as an excuse to further penalise all vehicles, not just EVs. They want us plebs not travelling, but kept in the confines of our designated zones. If we try to go back to riding horses, then the government will try to restrict that, most likely citing equine methane as a deadly pollutant :rolleyes:

Last edited:

DD67

The Peace Keeper
Staff member
This is more like it.
932 mile range & a charge time of only 10 minutes...

Even if those claims are wildly exaggerated & the true figures are only a 750 mile range & 30 minutes to recharge the battery. That's still way more practical than what's currently on offer.

Don the Don

Legendary Knight
This is more like it.
932 mile range & a charge time of only 10 minutes...

Even if those claims are wildly exaggerated & the true figures are only a 750 mile range & 30 minutes to recharge the battery. That's still way more practical than what's currently on offer.
Still cost way more than what I would be willing to pay, good for those who want one

1686954150985.png