What’s made you happy for a change

DD67

The Peace Keeper
Staff member
As this was demolished without permission a matter of days after the suspicious fire. Chances are the owners were hoping to sell the land to developers.
If so, it's backfired on them...

BBC News - Crooked House: Owners of wonky pub ordered to rebuild

Don the Don

Legendary Knight
As this was demolished without permission a matter of days after the suspicious fire. Chances are the owners were hoping to sell the land to developers.
If so, it's backfired on them...

BBC News - Crooked House: Owners of wonky pub ordered to rebuild
Many happy drunken hours spent in that place as a youth, you felt drunk before you got the pints down you, never thought I would be praising any council but south staffs are not all bad......maybe

DD67

The Peace Keeper
Staff member
Many happy drunken hours spent in that place as a youth, you felt drunk before you got the pints down you, never thought I would be praising any council but south staffs are not all bad......maybe
Rebuilding it to how it was will be challenging. It'll take similar skills to Les Dawsons piano playing.
i.e. building it on the pi$$ will go against any good builders way of working.
Maybe they should employ guys from Eastern Europe? They usually claim to be proficient in any skill that's paying best at any given time 🙄

Scrappy

Legendary Knight
My energy account has made me happy today, I hadn't submitted a meter reading for about 3 months and I got a statement this morning saying I had a debit balance of £141. So I read my meters and submitted the readings, turns out Octopus had over estimated my usage, and as a bonus last time I submitted a gas reading I had made a mistake and my current reading is actually less. So I've gone from -£141 to a credit balance of £215, and that is at the end of the winter months :)

Edit: If anyone is considering switching to Octopus, please let me know as they have a refer a friend scheme whereby both parties get £50

Last edited:

gazzatriumph

Legendary Knight
My energy account has made me happy today, I hadn't submitted a meter reading for about 3 months and I got a statement this morning saying I had a debit balance of £141. So I read my meters and submitted the readings, turns out Octopus had over estimated my usage, and as a bonus last time I submitted a gas reading I had made a mistake and my current reading is actually less. So I've gone from -£141 to a credit balance of £215, and that is at the end of the winter months :)

Edit: If anyone is considering switching to Octopus, please let me know as they have a refer a friend scheme whereby both parties get £50
I'm with Octopus they seem pretty decent, we've had a couple of big refunds from them.

GaleForceEight

Legendary Knight

If anyone does the swap thing to save money, one of my friends wives works for an energy company - if you would like I can ask for a link, and then you can make up your own minds whether she can help you or not!

Big Sandy

Legendary Knight
"Nice one" short and sharp
I wonder what the response a Brit tourist would get if he took the piss out of the marine guard at Arlington? Shot at, probably.

I remember a friend on guard, a tourist went up to him and told him his bootlace was undone. Obviously he just had to stand there and stress over it all the while he was there, until he was relieved. He was expecting to get a bollicking if the Sgt came round... It wasn't undone. But what a shit thing to do.

Tallpaul

Legendary Knight
What made me happy yesterday? A bus ride to Bridgnorth with 3 of my grand children. The bus arrived on time for both legs of the journey, we had a picnic in a churchyard and discussed death, interment, cremation and the vaults of the wealthy, the kids were good as gold all day (as usual), it didn't rain until we got home. They all got returned to their mum, fed, tired and unbruised.

Don the Don

Legendary Knight
"Bridgenorth" a wonderful place and ride out on the bikes, going down the Hermitage on an old 60's brit bike on drum brakes and hoping you could stop at the Bottom, high and low towns great stuff, sounds like you had a good day out, there used to be a motor museum before you hit the hermitage near sedgely they had a load of old MV Augustas, ahh good old days.