What Are You Drinking Tonight?

Scrappy

Legendary Knight
Is that a feckin half sized bottle Ashurst?!? 🧐

Anyway, despite the fact that you may have purchased a childs size bottle? 🙄
What's the verdict? If you like it (as someone who hates Scotch like Scrappy does) I'll chalk it up as another massive win for proper whiskey 🤗

But I'm not holding my breath. I reckon your hatred of Scotch could run too deep to enjoy Irish? 🤔

I find it hard to believe that Irish and Scotch (and Bourbon) can all be whiskey, because to me they are totally different drinks. Scotch and Bourbon :sick:🤮 whereas Irish (at least the ones I've tried) 😋😊

Sarky B’stard

Legendary Knight
It's very simple to explain Scrappy...
The Yanks know nothing about producing alcohol & the Jocks are having a laugh at our expense 🙂
Any fool can produce alcohol. Millions do. Making it palatable is the magic. Take any sh1tTy old vodka made from potato peelings or whatever. Add weeds ('aromatics') and, hey presto, you have craft gin 🙄

All whisky is similar but none is quite the same. It's all gin clear when it goes into the barrel....... 🤔

When it reappears it's browned off.

MICK60

Legendary Knight
This contains 444 standard bottles.
You could clean every drain for miles around with it 😉

And someone paid £1.8 million for a bottle of Whiskey ?

smib

Legendary Knight
If you can correctly identify the pub from that innocuous photo.
You are a true pi$$head! 😳

And I'll be impressed with your top drawer pi$$headness 😃
It was the fireplace in the top right hand corner I recognised!
My ex boss had a disgustingly large "Pile" near Sutton Valence, so must have been at a do there..... Maybe
Who knows......
I am a PissHead 😁 😁😁😁😁

Old Nick

Legendary Knight
Up until 2 years ago I lived in Chelsfield, Kent.
With a 50 year drinking career..... Ive been in a few pubs in Kent!

Before you do the maths I started at 14!;)
😆😆😆

And Pubs in Cornwall!
Top Man(y)

There’s some good drinking around there in gorgeous surroundings:) (Kent and Cornwall)

The Kings Head has just reopened after a big refit as a gastro pub - probably the only remaining feature is that fireplace - not really a session pub anymore…… unlike the Queens Head just down the road

half ton

Legendary Knight
I'm on Dead Mans Fingers white rum Blended with Ben Shaws Dandelion and Burdoch fizzy pop...(Only mixer I've got in the house :oops: )... BUT...It's actually quite good, Now about 5 or 6 large measures in and probably going to regret it all tomozz...... Party for one 🥳🤪

DD67

The Peace Keeper
Staff member
Likewise.... Always found Bud to be a bit non descript. Quenches your thirst but that's it.
Spot on mate.
It tastes of virtually nothing. So much so, I don't see how folk can knock the taste? 🤔
At 4.5% it's more respectable in the strength dept than I thought it'd be. But I'd still describe it as a session beer.

half ton

Legendary Knight
I'm on Dead Mans Fingers white rum Blended with Ben Shaws Dandelion and Burdoch fizzy pop...(Only mixer I've got in the house :oops: )... BUT...It's actually quite good, Now about 5 or 6 large measures in and probably going to regret it all tomozz...... Party for one 🥳🤪
spent about an hour on the crapper this morning....Can a goodly quantity of Rum with a splash of Dandelion and Burdoch give you the shits..........( and surprisingly not a head throb in sight :sneaky:)