What have you done to your bike today....

Scrappy

Legendary Knight
Went to have a nosey at Chris Walker Motorcycles in Grantham, he has recently become a Ducati dealer (dropped Indian I think). Its quite a good place to visit if your in the area, now a Kawasaki & Ducati dealership, they have some nice old Kawasakis in the showroom, plus a Barber, Tatooist and Coffee shop on site.

Screenshot 2021-04-17 171520.png

IMG_20210417_145854715.jpg

IMG_20210417_145848864_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210417_145933327.jpg

IMG_20210417_145604080.jpg

IMG_20210417_145650897.jpg

:love:
IMG_20210417_145237177.jpg

MartytheMartian

Legendary Knight
Those old Kwaks are mad prices now. The guy at SPS Motorcycles that I've bought my Daytona from was telling me that they had a Z1 coming in and it would be selling for about twenty odd grand. I didn't believe that could be right so had a look about and yep, those old machines are asking for silly money! I like the old Zeds but I could never bring me to spend that much on one.

DD67

The Peace Keeper
Staff member
Those old Kwaks are mad prices now. The guy at SPS Motorcycles that I've bought my Daytona from was telling me that they had a Z1 coming in and it would be selling for about twenty odd grand. I didn't believe that could be right so had a look about and yep, those old machines are asking for silly money! I like the old Zeds but I could never bring me to spend that much on one.
I get the attraction of old bikes/cars to a certain degree. But not at the daft prices people ask for them Marty! 🥴
And especially not when said vehicle is just old, not my idea of a collectable classic.

MartytheMartian

Legendary Knight
Absolutely, it's nuts. I saw an old DT125 and the guy was asking for two and a half grand for it then you have people asking nearly three grand for old CB250N Superdreams. OK they were reliable workhorse bikes but no way in hell are they 'classics'.

Scrappy

Legendary Knight
I get the attraction of old bikes/cars to a certain degree. But not at the daft prices people ask for them Marty! 🥴
And especially not when said vehicle is just old, not my idea of a collectable classic.

Just to clarify, the old Kawasakis I think are Chris Walkers own collection...

There was also a lovely z750 Turbo, amongst others.

Last edited:

Glyn

Legendary Knight
Absolutely, it's nuts. I saw an old DT125 and the guy was asking for two and a half grand for it then you have people asking nearly three grand for old CB250N Superdreams. OK they were reliable workhorse bikes but no way in hell are they 'classics'.
I think it depends on your own memory, I love a Suzuki X7 and 250 lc because I had both.
If your first proper bike was a super dream, you may really want one

DD67

The Peace Keeper
Staff member
Cheers BB. The SD R had only 4k miles and was fully loaded. You are right us OAP riders need a slower pace 🤔😉
Methinks 4 wheels may give me the speed thrills from now on?
The money is going towards a Caterham 7. Probably impractical, but I've always wanted one and now is the time
Check this out @smib.
Even if you plan to purchase one ready built. It'll still give you an idea of what's involved in the build...

BAD LUCK DUCK

Forum Duck
I actually considered the FJR1300 when looking for my next wheels but Yamaha's just seem to scream 'dull, dull, dull' at me and I don't really see the need for more than a litre of engine in a bike given the BHP you can generate from that.
I like something that says dull and doesn't attract attention..
Then no one knows what the hell is going on when all hell breaks loose...
I don't know if the FJR1300 lives up to my expectations but I would like to find out first hand one day...😁

Last edited: