What have you done to your bike today....

BAD LUCK DUCK

Forum Duck
Nice little run out in the Dales this morning, taking in an establishment purveying nutritious delicious breakfast goodies. My Bonnie, one Triumph Bobber and one H#rley Sportster. Not long now @BAD LUCK DUCK till you're out too!
View attachment 5767View attachment 5768View attachment 5769
Looking forward to it...
I just enquired as to adding an extra 1000 miles on the insurance as you got me hooked on the idea of the NC500...
Gotta work out the logistics but if I can afford it will do it in July as that's when I got my two weeks annual leave...

Last edited:

Doc Strange

Legendary Knight
Nice couple of contrasting rides this w/e.

Yesterday headed out with an older neighbour. He was on his 91 R100GS, me on my R1200 GS. Lovely bimble, including cuppa and a cake.

Although lacking the irresistible push that the R12 has between 30 and 85, the R100 was fine for riding with modern traffic, and the brakes really surprised me. I'm going to take it for a ride soon and me neighbour will take out one of his other old bikes - we couldn't swop yesterday as the R12 is a bit heavy for him.

Today was rather different - solo on the Daytona. Just looping round and round thinking of new roads to go and attack - today wasn't a bimble ;)

Reckon it's getting warm enough and light enough to start putting some after-dinner blasts in now too :)

DS

Scrappy

Legendary Knight
Went to Baconsthorpe Castle this morning, met up with some chaps from the Monster Owners Club. Great run about 230 miles, quite cold this morning when I set off, but it had warmed up a bit on the ride home.

IMG_20210425_103042777_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210425_103104122.jpg

IMG_20210425_100813845.jpg

IMG_20210425_103542269_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210425_103416886_HDR.jpg

However when I was putting Luci back in the garage I noticed she had picked up a nail in the rear tyre :(, I had quite a spirited ride home so I was fortunate the tyre stayed inflated 😲

IMG_20210425_135428886.jpg

Scrappy

Legendary Knight
Nice pic's as always @Scrappy , Glad you got back without issue with the rear tyre, you going to get the tyre plugged or changed? you just know it's going to let go at some stage leaving you stranded.

I think it might be a new tyre, I thought about getting fixed, but the nail has gone through at quite an angle so I'm not sure if it could be plugged 😕, plus as you suggest I'd be concerned a plug would let go.