What have you done to your bike today....

Flynnt20

Legendary Knight
Changed the oil and filter in the Thunderbird and bought a new cam adjuster spring from Sprint engineering as i could some times hear a slight ticker ticker tick tick for about 30 secs when starting from cold took about 4 mins to fit and £12 as apposed to £50 plus for the entire unit , the original spring was a good 10/12 mm shorter than the new one and bugger me it does sound a lot better on start up now , result hopefully

Tallpaul

Legendary Knight
Changed the oil and filter in the Thunderbird and bought a new cam adjuster spring from Sprint engineering as i could some times hear a slight ticker ticker tick tick for about 30 secs when starting from cold took about 4 mins to fit and £12 as apposed to £50 plus for the entire unit , the original spring was a good 10/12 mm shorter than the new one and bugger me it does sound a lot better on start up now , result hopefully
Good move. I replaced the spring in my 2013 Tiger Sport at 18,000 miles and that was a big improvement.

half ton

Legendary Knight
I rode the Bonneville to work today...TWICE...had Tuesday and Wednesday off to earn some decent Wonga,Then bloody forgot to put the bins out at work last night,so shot in at 5.30am to do the deed and pissed off home for breakfast,It was feckin cold and sporadic showers so why did I take the bike ? ........feckin blew the turbo on the car yesterday :mad: :mad: :mad:

chas

Legendary Knight
I rode the Bonneville to work today...TWICE...had Tuesday and Wednesday off to earn some decent Wonga,Then bloody forgot to put the bins out at work last night,so shot in at 5.30am to do the deed and pissed off home for breakfast,It was feckin cold and sporadic showers so why did I take the bike ? ........feckin blew the turbo on the car yesterday :mad: :mad: :mad:
Bugger. Hope you can find a secondhand one at a worthwhile price.

Bad Billy

Piemantino Rossi
Ordered a pair of Road 5s for the T800, from Demon Tweaks.
I got Road 5's on the Superduke, they were brand new when I picked the bike up, not what I would normally choose, I haven't really pushed on that hard round corners but they seem to be OK, they just don't feel that warm when just pulled up after a few miles of fairly quick riding like a Super Corse would.

chas

Legendary Knight
I got Road 5's on the Superduke, they were brand new when I picked the bike up, not what I would normally choose, I haven't really pushed on that hard round corners but they seem to be OK, they just don't feel that warm when just pulled up after a few miles of fairly quick riding like a Super Corse would.
I've got a hybrid set on the Trip, (4 front, 5 rear) fine for me but I'd have expected something less 'sport touring' on the KTM

Bad Billy

Piemantino Rossi
I've got a hybrid set on the Trip, (4 front, 5 rear) fine for me but I'd have expected something less 'sport touring' on the KTM
I agree mate, when I fit tyres to the KTM it will most likely be Pirelli SC's, very reliable grip & a fair warning before letting go, they have been tyre of choice on road & track for a while now, just don't expect them to last for big miles. My view is why own something with blistering performance then not be able to enjoy its potential when the fancy takes you?

half ton

Legendary Knight
Hope it does not cost too much to replace mate, never liked them myself always preferred extra cylinders and cubic capacity if I wanted power
Bugger. Hope you can find a secondhand one at a worthwhile price.
It was a C Max 1.6 diesel Don so not high on power 😂,Smoked like feck and was on borrowed time when I got it 😁
I only paid £180 for the car Chas...got £100 for my old Yaris as scrap so it only stood me in at £80 not too bad for a years motoring ...... being a tight fecker when it comes to motors (To me the car is for fetching the shopping and getting me n the missus to work) I am now trying to find summat for less than £250, Then I should get £100 for the C Max as scrap.....I know !!! I know !!! calm down you lot I am pushing the boat out this time....spending £150 what am I thinking ...money don't grow on trees

chas

Legendary Knight
It was a C Max 1.6 diesel Don so not high on power 😂,Smoked like feck and was on borrowed time when I got it 😁
I only paid £180 for the car Chas...got £100 for my old Yaris as scrap so it only stood me in at £80 not too bad for a years motoring ...... being a tight fecker when it comes to motors (To me the car is for fetching the shopping and getting me n the missus to work) I am now trying to find summat for less than £250, Then I should get £100 for the C Max as scrap.....I know !!! I know !!! calm down you lot I am pushing the boat out this time....spending £150 what am I thinking ...money don't grow on trees
Mate, you can't argue with that. Always a pain when they die but I aim for a £500 a year budget for 'my' car. (currently at three years on a 700 quid Merc and obv had a few repairs on the journey. Still within 'limits')
My best 'schrapnel' motor was a diesel polo. 1.9 non turbo. Think they've all succumbed to rot by now but a truly dumb as mince basic car. Loved it