What have you done to your bike today....

Glyn

Legendary Knight
Hybrid Organic Acid Technology, it's all the rage these days! It's an ethylene glycol antifreeze and corrosion inhibitor suitable for all engines. Buy it on ebay as a concentrate and dilute 50/50 with distilled/deionised water. Around £8.00 for 2 litres. My 800 took 2.5 litres of mixed.
Next time you’re going to be telling me you like driverless cars🤪🤪🤪🤪

Don the Don

Legendary Knight
It was a C Max 1.6 diesel Don so not high on power 😂,Smoked like feck and was on borrowed time when I got it 😁
I only paid £180 for the car Chas...got £100 for my old Yaris as scrap so it only stood me in at £80 not too bad for a years motoring ...... being a tight fecker when it comes to motors (To me the car is for fetching the shopping and getting me n the missus to work) I am now trying to find summat for less than £250, Then I should get £100 for the C Max as scrap.....I know !!! I know !!! calm down you lot I am pushing the boat out this time....spending £150 what am I thinking ...money don't grow on trees
Nice one @half ton there is plenty of life left in a good many vehicles that go to the scrapper, my cars always go around the clock 2-3 times that's environmentally friendly

Glyn

Legendary Knight
Yes, I'm a rare breed of BMW driver ;), I use them, and it annoys the crap out of me when others don't 🤬
My son had a bm and I must admit I understand why people don’t use the indicators, if he pressed to cancel the other side would come on. It was a 2012 so I don’t know if there’s a difference

Freck

Legendary Knight
My son had a bm and I must admit I understand why people don’t use the indicators, if he pressed to cancel the other side would come on. It was a 2012 so I don’t know if there’s a difference
Did he not RTFM? 🤦‍♂️

Don the Don

Legendary Knight
Ordered up some Dogleg levers for the Bonneville to go with the Grip puppies fitted, not traditional in style but it helps my old wrist problem [no it's not wankers cramp] so for me it's function over style, I have fitted the same set up on the Speedmaster and it has made a big difference to comfort.

s-l1600.jpg

Scrappy

Legendary Knight
I had a go at using a puncture repair kit today on the Monster rear tyre, not difficult and so far is working well. I've got a tyre on order which should arrive on Tuesday, so hopefully the repair will get me the couple of miles to get the new tyre fitted.

Took the Street Triple out in the morning, its still a bit lumpy coming off the throttle, and on initial throttle at low revs, but otherwise its great 😕 I checked the map a few days ago and it is still the original map, I've stuck some fuel additive in (clutching at straws). I've read a few posts on other forums, seems a common problem on Street/Speed Triples, most suggest the Throttle Position Sensor? 🤔

Went for a quick ride on the Bonneville this afternoon, and that's running great :)

Tallpaul

Legendary Knight
Hung the T800 from the garage roof and removed the wheels ready for my Road 5 replacements. Cleaned the calipers and pumped the pistons out a little to brake clean them and the pads, which were still excellent after 10,000 miles. Cleaned and greased ready for reassembly later in the week. Removed the front sprocket cover and a little surprised at the lack of shite in there. Might be the continuous washing down from the Scottoiler? Replaced the chain adjuster nuts and bolts with stainless items I got from a guy on the 800 forum.

chas

Legendary Knight
Hung the T800 from the garage roof and removed the wheels ready for my Road 5 replacements. Cleaned the calipers and pumped the pistons out a little to brake clean them and the pads, which were still excellent after 10,000 miles. Cleaned and greased ready for reassembly later in the week. Removed the front sprocket cover and a little surprised at the lack of shite in there. Might be the continuous washing down from the Scottoiler? Replaced the chain adjuster nuts and bolts with stainless items I got from a guy on the 800 forum.
I *love* the feeling of replacing a shitty fastener or mechanism on a vehicle I give a shit about with something non ferrous and thinking, yep mate, yer fixed.

half ton

Legendary Knight
Spent four feckin hours removing one bolt so I could fit the side stand to my Matchless,The bolt wasn't seized, It was a case of four frame cradle bolts had to come out to lower the back of the frame a 1/4" to remove and refit the pivot bolt which I had left in so as not to lose it....those bolts also hold the frame section that supports the centre stand and the r/h side footrest so had to have a Sealey bike lift under there as well as a car scissor jack to re-align the holes......feck feckety feck feck I'm never taking that stand off again...EVER :mad: :cry:

chas

Legendary Knight
That’s because Haynes are smart enough to disassemble new vehicles for pretty pictures. Most of us ‘povs’ have to use non standard tools like nut splitters! The one tool I should have bought years before was a H (to be revealed in the next series)
There is a generation (maybe two) who are unfamiliar with the need for an impact driver and the horror of Jap cross head case screws of the 70's

[edit] Btw, I can't fathom episode two, excellent cliffhanger, well done :D