What have you done to your bike today....

MartytheMartian

Legendary Knight
I must, to my shame, admit that I resorted to @BAD LUCK DUCKs favourite tool last week when I was dismantling my old Sprint. I wanted to drop the engine out of the frame but couldn't get at the lower rear mounting nuts because the swingarm and shock block access. Had to take the dreaded ANGLE GRINDER to the nuts on the lower end of the shock linkage. Then, even with all the bolts removed the engine wouldn't move. I actually had to lift the whole thing, Frame forks, front wheel and engine, off the ground and bump it down on the front wheel to shake the engine loose.

Flynnt20

Legendary Knight
Finally got around to doing the 12v conversion on the Tiger Cub , new bulbs , horn , coil , rotor , ignition module , power box instead of a battery and new alternator , Bugger me it works !!!!! I GOT SUMMAT ELECTRICAL TO WORK ,!!!! Read somewhere that someone changed the carb to a slightly larger one ( 22mm instead of 20mm ) as the running is much improved , i have both the carbs , mikuni copies but they are ideal for small british bikes , so taking the 20mm off i Snapped the fookin mounting stud , Cast iron head , shit !! Engine top end now in bits FFS .
Driven around 6 shops and engineering suppliers this morning and finally found some JB Weld , rarer than chickens teeth , so about to find out if its as good as all the experts on Youtube reckon it is :(

Don the Don

Legendary Knight
If the JB weld dont work i think that will be the path i go down , i read that if you heat cast iron to a very high temp , blow torch etc you can fill the hole with Mig but i realy dont fancy it to be honest and decent cyclinder heads are now getting hard to get hold of
Cast Iron can be welded I have done it myself, you are correct that you have to warm the cast up first [does not need very high] and you can even get cast iron rods {i used an ark welder] also available are Dissimilar rods for welding different types of metal together, all this is worth considering should the JB weld not hold, glad you got the electrics sorted.