What have you done to your bike today....

MartytheMartian

Legendary Knight
Well I took a wee run down to Lochgilphead and back today. Loads of bikes out and they all seemed to be trying to achieve the speed of light. I definitely prefer weekdays when I have the place to myself! I've got to admit that it spoils my enjoyment when I am trying to potter along and I'm constantly being attacked by a horde of angry wasps.HellsGlen1.jpg
HellsGlen2.jpg
Portann1.jpg
Portann2.jpg

Don the Don

Legendary Knight
Well I took a wee run down to Lochgilphead and back today. Loads of bikes out and they all seemed to be trying to achieve the speed of light. I definitely prefer weekdays when I have the place to myself! I've got to admit that it spoils my enjoyment when I am trying to potter along and I'm constantly being attacked by a horde of angry wasps.View attachment 5827
View attachment 5828
View attachment 5829
View attachment 5830
Nice pic's @MartytheMartian , Bikes looking good, I must say I prefer weekdays myself

chas

Legendary Knight
Well I took a wee run down to Lochgilphead and back today. Loads of bikes out and they all seemed to be trying to achieve the speed of light. I definitely prefer weekdays when I have the place to myself! I've got to admit that it spoils my enjoyment when I am trying to potter along and I'm constantly being attacked by a horde of angry wasps.View attachment 5827
View attachment 5828
View attachment 5829
View attachment 5830
Well once you get the Daytona you can be a Hornet amongst the wasps ;)

Tallpaul

Legendary Knight
I've not flushed and replaced the coolant on the Trip yet so it's def an upcoming job

WTF is HOAT?

(I know I could google and look clever but I prefer honest interaction. Or lazy ;) )
Hybrid Organic Acid Technology, it's all the rage these days! It's an ethylene glycol antifreeze and corrosion inhibitor suitable for all engines. Buy it on ebay as a concentrate and dilute 50/50 with distilled/deionised water. Around £8.00 for 2 litres. My 800 took 2.5 litres of mixed.

chas

Legendary Knight
Hybrid Organic Acid Technology, it's all the rage these days! It's an ethylene glycol antifreeze and corrosion inhibitor suitable for all engines. Buy it on ebay as a concentrate and dilute 50/50 with distilled/deionised water. Around £8.00 for 2 litres. My 800 took 2.5 litres of mixed.
Now you're on the hook, and to save me bothering my very own arse researching, why is it a good thing and preferable to standard snake oil?

Tallpaul

Legendary Knight
Now you're on the hook, and to save me bothering my very own arse researching, why is it a good thing and preferable to standard snake oil?
It's what Triumph have been using and recommending in their W/C bikes for years. I used it in both Tiger Sports and now this 800. Could be posh snake oil, but I'm no scientist or engineer so I just use what they say.

chas

Legendary Knight
It's what Triumph have been using and recommending in their W/C bikes for years. I used it in both Tiger Sports and now this 800. Could be posh snake oil, but I'm no scientist or engineer so I just use what they say.
Given that it's not fucked up any of your bikes and for snake oil it's not expensive I'll follow that route when I do a flush and change. Cheers!

Ron

Legendary Knight
I finally got to take Scarlett out for the first time since I converted her to handlebars from clip ons.
She ran like a slug for the first couple miles until I got the winter petrol run out of the carbs, then she went back to running like the beastie I love.

Sarky B’stard

Legendary Knight
It's supposedly the dogs bits for alloy engines?
I mix it with tap water but change the ratio slightly. To 55%-60% coolant & 40%-45% tap water. Never had a problem & it saves purchasing distilled water.
That’s the point..... as engine blocks increasingly became alloy with sleeves the old glycol based stuff for iron blocks was no longer the best anti oxidant. HOAT is an organic acid that includes silicates as additives which inhibit alloy corrosion. HOAT has a service life of five years or 150,000 miles but if you say 2 yrs you sell 2.5 times as much! Often as not its water pump bearings and impellers that most benefit from more frequent changes.

Bad Billy

Piemantino Rossi
Nice to kn
I finally got to take Scarlett out for the first time since I converted her to handlebars from clip ons.
She ran like a slug for the first couple miles until I got the winter petrol run out of the carbs, then she went back to running like the beastie I love.
Nice to know you're back out enjoying Scarlett again, hope you're behaving yourself Rocket Ron? ;)