What have you done to your bike today....

BAD LUCK DUCK

Forum Duck

Tallpaul

Legendary Knight
I came off my Rocket 111 in 2012. Broke my right thumb and 4 ribs.

"Sneezing and coughing are your friends" said the medic who treated me. " It prevents build up of fluid and possible pleurisy".

Coughing and sneezing? Bloody breathing was painful enough!

Best wishes for a rapid recovery.

Don the Don

Legendary Knight
Thanks all.

Q. The bike looks like a right off. Can I repurchase it to strip the parts at all?

Anyone recommend a cruiser/bobber - as apparently, the accident stats are lower.
You can negotiate with your insurer about buy back

get well then have a sit on as many bikes as you can you can look at Triumph Bobber, Speedmaster, America and also Indian ect ect, do your homework and try them for size

T

The Departed

You can negotiate with your insurer about buy back

get well then have a sit on as many bikes as you can you can look at Triumph Bobber, Speedmaster, America and also Indian ect ect, do your homework and try them for size

I'm not sure my mind can take the cruising style, but I'm sure my bones would be more than happy, lol

I do like the Indian and the bobber. Shame I can't grow a beard, but at least I can buy a cut now 😆

Scrappy

Legendary Knight
Seeing as you were so keen on the KTM, I can't see you being satisfied by a cruiser for very long :unsure:, but stranger things happen :)

As Don said, get yourself healed first, then take your time and enjoy the experience of trying as many bikes as you can before making a decision ;)

T

The Departed

Seeing as you were so keen on the KTM, I can't see you being satisfied by a cruiser for very long :unsure:, but stranger things happen :)

As Don said, get yourself healed first, then take your time and enjoy the experience of trying as many bikes as you can before making a decision ;)

Me neither but only way I can ride and stay married is to get a chopper/cruiser.

Steve 998cc

Legendary Knight
Would the out come of that SMIYDSY been any differrant on a bober or chopper. He would still have hit you but you would have been riding a bike you didn't want to. I've had 2 SMIDSY on differannt types of bike the witnesses thought I would be dead, but got up and walked away in the worst one, bike a total write off. We ride bikes because we have a passion for them and must except the risks or give up out passion for bikes.

chas

Legendary Knight
Me neither but only way I can ride and stay married is to get a chopper/cruiser.
I can't believe I'm saying this but have you thought about Adventure bikes? They'll give the 'captain sensible' vibe off to the wife but are far from grim to ride. I reckon a Tiger 1050 sport (at the risk of lighting @Sarky B’stard 's batsignal) would be an entertaining ride. Nigh on the same torque as my speedie and about the same power but in sensible clothes.

Doc Strange

Legendary Knight
Would the out come of that SMIYDSY been any differrant on a bober or chopper. He would still have hit you but you would have been riding a bike you didn't want to. I've had 2 SMIDSY on differannt types of bike the witnesses thought I would be dead, but got up and walked away in the worst one, bike a total write off. We ride bikes because we have a passion for them and must except the risks or give up out passion for bikes.

Probably be riding a chopper a bit slower as the riding position generally encourages that - so you come off a bit slower when it's the other buggers' fault.

That's the problem with sportsbikes - they only start to make sense once you are exceeding the NSL :)

DS