What have you done to your bike today....

MartytheMartian

Legendary Knight
Well, Today, as it was miserable weather here, I spent some time taking a spare Sprint rear hanger and removing the rear footpeg mount (using Duck's favourite tool) to leave it as simply an exhaust hanger.
hanger.jpg
The bottom right hand is where the hanger bracket used to live. Cut it off with a cutting disc, Ground it down with a grinding disc, sanded all the remaining anodising off the ally and then gave it a quick polish up with a stitched wheel and brown polishing compound.

BAD LUCK DUCK

Forum Duck

chas

Legendary Knight
Took the Sprint out for a gentle spin today around the local area. Bit damp with showers in places but good to get a bit of tarmac under the wheels.
View attachment 10350View attachment 10351
View attachment 10352
View attachment 10353
She is a good looking and sweet handling machine. Just wish the tank didn't have leprosy.
Tank looks fine in the pics mate, I wouldn't sweat it.
I've the odd bubble on mine but I think of it as commensurate with wear and tear, 19 year old vehicles shouldn't look showroom.

Public Enemy

Enforcer
Staff member
Gave Bertha the elderly GSX 1100F her first oil and filter change in my stewardship. The oil wasn't in bad condition, but I swear she's had 2 or 3 oil changes without the filter being changed. Not that surprising when you have to remove the lower half of the plastics to get at it. Then it's conveniently hidden behind the downpipes in a recess so that you can only see about an inch of the f@cker.
Not being blessed with fingers like E.T. I think it's fair to say it made a straightforward job into a bit of a pig. Bless those little Japanese engineers, eh?
Anyway all done now, and she should be good for another 12 months. (y)

DD67

The Peace Keeper
Staff member
Gave Bertha the elderly GSX 1100F her first oil and filter change in my stewardship. The oil wasn't in bad condition, but I swear she's had 2 or 3 oil changes without the filter being changed. Not that surprising when you have to remove the lower half of the plastics to get at it. Then it's conveniently hidden behind the downpipes in a recess so that you can only see about an inch of the f@cker.
Not being blessed with fingers like E.T. I think it's fair to say it made a straightforward job into a bit of a pig. Bless those little Japanese engineers, eh?
Anyway all done now, and she should be good for another 12 months. (y)
A filter removal tool with a wobble bar extension bar slotted into it does the trick mate.
Fit the filter removal tool from the side. Then slide the wobble bar in between the downpipes.