What have you done to your bike today....

DD67

The Peace Keeper
Staff member
Do or Don't @DD67 they certainly draw a lot off attention every time I stop on mine folk are drawn to it like a magnet
Yes mate.
I had countless conversations with folk (mainly OAP's) about what a great job I'd done restoring an iconic classic bike.
95% of the time I fessed up to Annie being a modern replica. But sometimes it was obvious that keeping quiet would shatter less rose tinted glasses.

There's no two ways about it. Triumph did a superb job of making the 790/865 Bonneville/T100 look like the original. But without the reliability issues associated with the original bikes 🙂

MartytheMartian

Legendary Knight
I had an old fella come up to me in Inveraray when I was out with Britt and he started out with " Did you restore her yourself?" and when I said it was all original he said "Really? You wouldn't know she was old" I made his day by starting her up and letting him rev the throttle and he declared
"Sound of a real man's bike none of that poofy girly screaming sound that all these modern bikes make!' I simply didn't have the heart to tell him that she wasn't that old although I suppose at 20 she is fairly old now.

GPT100

Sword of Fenrir
That's a fine looking steed, if I may say so.
Thanks mate, been thinking about getting a smaller bike, she is a heavy lump and I have to wheel her up 2 sets of ramps to get into the shed.
Vertu offered me £2000. to trade in for a new CB500F. Its 13 yrs old and has 28500 mile on the clock but its still in good nick for its age.
I think I will keep her and continue to struggle up the ramps.

chas

Legendary Knight
For @Old Nick my usual route over to Headcorn from Chilham is along to Charing (still one of my favourite fast A roads), down to Pluckley and then Smarden Bell to Headcorn.
There was a ploughing competition on the Edgerton road out of Pluckley so on the way back I went down to Biddenden, High Halden and then past your old place to Bethersden. Had a nostalgic run through the village, put some dogshit through Damian Green's letterbox and then ran back to Pluckley, Charing and home. Bloody nice run. Memories abounded ;)

Last edited:

chas

Legendary Knight
Thanks mate, been thinking about getting a smaller bike, she is a heavy lump and I have to wheel her up 2 sets of ramps to get into the shed.
Vertu offered me £2000. to trade in for a new CB500F. Its 13 yrs old and has 28500 mile on the clock but its still in good nick for its age.
I would mate, you won't get anything newer with the same feel.

half ton

Legendary Knight
Book for my 790 is now £1500 according to the dealer I'm trading in with,But he said "I know they are worth more than that" and he is giving me £2500...Ive not seen one under £3000 for a long while, But with 34000 miles on the clock I thought he was being quite fair with me.

Old Nick

Legendary Knight
For @Old Nick my usual route over to Headcorn from Chilham is along to Charing (still one of my favourite fast A roads), down to Pluckley and then Smarden Bell to Headcorn.
There was a ploughing competition on the Edgerton road out of Pluckley so on the way back I went down to Biddenden, High Halden and then past your old place to Bethersden. Had a nostalgic run through the village, put some dogshit through Damian Green's letterbox and then ran back to Pluckley, Charing and home. Bloody nice run. Memories abounded ;)
A great run @chas and past some outstanding watering holes (y)
Really shows off why Kent is The Garden of England:)

Scrappy

Legendary Knight
Went over to Tattershall Castle in Lincolnsire on the Guzzi today, a great day to be out on a bike :cool:

IMG_20210918_143428002.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20210918_134619699.jpg
    IMG_20210918_134619699.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20210918_134821542.jpg
    IMG_20210918_134821542.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20210918_135953724_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210918_135953724_HDR.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 2