What have you done to your bike today....

Scrappy

Legendary Knight
Why Triumph considers balljoint mirrors are an acceptable piece of a motorcycle is beyond me. At speed - 70+ they flip down, and adjusting them to see what's behind is a little dangerous, to say the least. Metal ball joint in a plastic housing ffs.

I'm going to try some glue before I look to buying bar end mirrors, which I don't want.

Standard Triumph mirrors are crap, the Bonneville mirrors are chromed plastic with metal stems that have about an atoms thickness of chrome. Their after-market accessories mirrors are pretty good though, and I fitted them on both my Street Triple and Bonneville.

Recently fitted some Oberon bar end mirrors to the Guzzi, and I'm very pleased with them so far.

s-l1600_1_540x.jpg

T

The Departed

Standard Triumph mirrors are crap, the Bonneville mirrors are chromed plastic with metal stems that have about an atoms thickness of chrome. Their after-market accessories mirrors are pretty good though, and I fitted them on both my Street Triple and Bonneville.

Recently fitted some Oberon bar end mirrors to the Guzzi, and I'm very pleased with them so far.

s-l1600_1_540x.jpg

The round bar mirror clamps will fit a lot easier than going into the end of the bar.

Old Nick

Legendary Knight
Just pointing out that they don't have to add width to the bars Nick.
Cos BB3's bike lives in a narrow shed. That type would solve his mirror problem 🙂
The only times I’ve seen those mirrors in real life the rider usually has a funny square beard, lumberjack jacket, and their jeans are too short and they can’t see what’s behind them:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
BTW only pulling your leg Jez, I see on your other thread your probably better dressed than the average hipster(y)

They try but can’t quite pull off the ’explosion in a charity shop’ look🙃

DD67

The Peace Keeper
Staff member
The only times I’ve seen those mirrors in real life the rider usually has a funny square beard, lumberjack jacket, and their jeans are too short and they can’t see what’s behind them:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
BTW only pulling your leg Jez, I see on your other thread your probably better dressed than the average hipster(y)

They try but can’t quite pull off the ’explosion in a charity shop’ look🙃
My ripped jeans are authentic not manufactured 🙂
20210922_180057.jpg
1) Kneel down in the garage to do something without bothering to put something on the floor first.
2) A tiny hole appears.
3) Hole gradually gets larger.
4) Pull jeans on having forgotten about the hole.
5) Size 12 hoof engages with hole & rips jeans.

Those are the five steps required to create the genuine "dressed by an explosion in a charity shop" look 🤗

chas

Legendary Knight
Yes, of course they do.
In fact they work better in that position Chas.
Your legs don't stick out like your elbows do.
I might try fitting my bar end mirrors like that. I don't like the extra width they add.
I had a mirror in that under position in Viet and it was fucking useless.

Scrappy

Legendary Knight
Just pointing out that they don't have to add width to the bars Nick.
Cos BB3's bike lives in a narrow shed. That type would solve his mirror problem 🙂

I originally had the bar end mirrors on my Street Triple turned inwards, because I didn't like the idea of adding extra width, and they added no more width than a bar end weight. However I did after a while have them rotated 180 degrees turned outwards for even better visibility.

IMG_20191224_140447542.jpg

The mirrors on my Guzzi, although relatively small, give the best visibility I can remember on any bike I've had.

Screenshot 2021-09-22 194801.jpg

The standard mirrors on my Monster are pretty awful, they look massive but I can't get them adjusted so I can see much behind, they have a huge blind spot. So they will be replaced with bar end mirrors too soon.

Screenshot 2021-09-22 195519.jpg