What have you done to your bike today....

Scrappy

Legendary Knight
I took the Bonneville out and went for breakfast at Jacks Hill Cafe. Had a great ride over there, then just as I pulled in to their car park it started raining. Had my breakfast, then rode all the way home in the pissing rain, in just leather jacket, t-shirt and jeans, I was soaked when I got home and the Bonneville is the dirtiest its ever been in my ownership :oops:

IMG_20210919_104040959.jpg

Public Enemy

Enforcer
Staff member
I took the Bonneville out and went for breakfast at Jacks Hill Cafe. Had a great ride over there, then just as I pulled in to their car park it started raining. Had my breakfast, then rode all the way home in the pissing rain, in just leather jacket, t-shirt and jeans, I was soaked when I got home and the Bonneville is the dirtiest its ever been in my ownership :oops:

View attachment 10512
I shall be reporting you to the relevant authorities for Bonneville abuse. @DD67 what do you reckon?

DD67

The Peace Keeper
Staff member

View attachment 10512
I'll be over later to take it to a place of safety 😔

DD67

The Peace Keeper
Staff member
Almost as importantly @Scrappy.
Why were you having breakfast at Jack's Hill?
The food is dire & the price of it is ridiculous for the tiny portion size & poor quality.
I know the ride there is quite pleasant. But can I suggest that in future you ride there, then immediately turn around & head towards a half decent cafe.
Morrisons for instance, that's where I was this morning 😋

Public Enemy

Enforcer
Staff member
Almost as importantly @Scrappy.
Why were you having breakfast at Jack's Hill?
The food is dire & the price of it is ridiculous for the tiny portion size & poor quality.
I know the ride there is quite pleasant. But can I suggest that in future you ride there, then immediately turn around & head towards a half decent cafe.
Morrisons for instance, that's where I was this morning 😋
Or the Super Sausage just down the road.

Scrappy

Legendary Knight
The leprosy isn't noticeable from a distance @chas but close up it is absolutely covered in little pimples and some larger blisters not to mention a couple of little splits in the paint. It pisses me off that the tank was blister free apart from one or two tiny ones and then, after a frosty night the tanks on both the black Sprint and the Yellow one developed a host of blisters. Stripping the black tank it is clear as well that they are between the barrier layer and plastic of the tank so a complete strip down to the nylon is required if you want to re-finish the buggers. As bad materials choices go using Nylon for tanks on bikes where aesthetics are important has to be one of the worst.

I found this site last night, as it was credited with making the tank for the custom Guzzi below. It is still quite expensive, but not as much as I had thought for custom metal tanks. Average is about £500, and the guy is in Dumfries.

Side-Rock-SkyFin-HIGH-RES-1-2.jpg

Last edited:

Big Sandy

Legendary Knight
Finally had enough spare dosh to get a new coil pack.

All it has to do is arrive, and then cure the problem after I fit it!

Kind of up a creek at the moment, more people demanding money than I have money. Getting there though.

Incidentally, insurance told me £100 xs for the windscreen replacement, and I ended up getting charged £50.....'so far'...... Put it this way, there's £50 sat in the account 'in case'.

T

The Departed

Why Triumph considers balljoint mirrors are an acceptable piece of a motorcycle is beyond me. At speed - 70+ they flip down, and adjusting them to see what's behind is a little dangerous, to say the least. Metal ball joint in a plastic housing ffs.

I'm going to try some glue before I look to buying bar end mirrors, which I don't want.