What have you done to your bike today....

Doc Strange

Legendary Knight
Tank is back on my bike but damned if I know whether it works or not as the battery is back on charge...
I'm not totally convinced its going to work but one can only hope...

See you haven't gone the route of replacing the fuel line connectors with metal ones.

I considered it, but there seem too many cases of the plastic ones breaking as you try to remove them and the job becoming a right pain.

I decided if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Hope it all fires up OK when you get a spark.

DS

BAD LUCK DUCK

Forum Duck
See you haven't gone the route of replacing the fuel line connectors with metal ones.

I considered it, but there seem too many cases of the plastic ones breaking as you try to remove them and the job becoming a right pain.

DS
I was going to replace them..However I totally agree with your sentiment on replacement of fuel line connectors...
I really hope it fires up ok or I'm right up the creek without a paddle...

DD67

The Peace Keeper
Staff member

DS
I had one break off flush with the tank on a MK2 Speed Triple.
It was easily removed by heating up a large screwdriver using a blow lamp. Then pressing it into what was left of the fuel line connector & allowing it to cool...
20190608_150738.jpg
I probably should have drained the tank first? 😗
But nobody died 🙂

Scrappy

Legendary Knight
I've been playing with the Monster, removed some stickers, gave it a bit of a polish, fitted Beeline and GoPro mounts, installed a gear indicator, and fitted a tank protector.

IMG_20210213_150321949.jpg

I guess its not been anywhere near the optimal temperature to stick on a tank protector, so will see tomorrow if its ok :confused:

IMG_20210213_150400002.jpg

And it may also have been a mistake to get one with a logo on it, because the stripes on the tank being off center, its going to drive my OCD mad thinking the logo isn't centered properly 🤪

Public Enemy

Enforcer
Staff member
I've been playing with the Monster, removed some stickers, gave it a bit of a polish, fitted Beeline and GoPro mounts, installed a gear indicator, and fitted a tank protector.

View attachment 3597

I guess its not been anywhere near the optimal temperature to stick on a tank protector, so will see tomorrow if its ok :confused:

View attachment 3598

And it may also have been a mistake to get one with a logo on it, because the stripes on the tank being off center, its going to drive my OCD mad thinking the logo isn't centered properly 🤪
If it's any consolation, that would drive me mad too!!

half ton

Legendary Knight
Phoned a guy in the next village,He has a small bike parts shop (mostly online).Asked if he could get me an alloy mudguard,Yes was the reply come down and have a look at the info,So off I go....long story short he is getting me one for £50 ( best equivalent on Ebay was £83 ) also getting me an alloy replica Lucas rear light for £25.....bargain!!! This is my new mantra "keep it local" look after the little guy