What have you done to your bike today....

DD67

The Peace Keeper
Staff member
You are just trying to get him on a Kwacker!
Nope!
It was just an example of what's available for very little money.
Since posting that Ebay advert for the ER5. I've found some cracking Yamaha Fazer 600's & Suzuki Bandit 600's.
All for similar money to the Kawasaki.

Or there's this but I'd say it's £1200-£1500 worth. Not £2000 worth.
An old bike, for sale by a car dealer in February & with a slightly chequered history.
I can't see there being a huge queue of punters at his showroom door.

BAD LUCK DUCK

Forum Duck
Nope!
It was just an example of what's available for very little money.
Since posting that Ebay advert for the ER5. I've found some cracking Yamaha Fazer 600's & Suzuki Bandit 600's.
All for similar money to the Kawasaki.

Or there's this but I'd say it's £1200-£1500 worth. Not £2000 worth.
An old bike, for sale by a car dealer in February & with a slightly chequered history.
I can't see there being a huge queue of punters at his showroom door.
Knowing what I do about triumph sprint st gen 1 now....I would never pay more than £500 for one and it would be bought purely as a its only going to be a short term thing with a definite cut off point of a couple of hundred quid to correct anything amiss and then if I could not sell it back for what I paid for it.Then I would at least have to be able to retrieve my pennies by breaking it up for spares...

Its been a massive learning curve for me which as been enjoyable but way more expensive than I thought in more ways than one...I will not specifically look for another triumph bike..

I'm definitely going jap kawasaki is looking favourite for my next bike....

Ooh and I do know that the advertised bike is a gen two but to be fair they ain't much better than a gen 1 as I understand it...

Doc Strange

Legendary Knight
New bar end weights got delivered today.

Now to get my neighbour to machine one down a bit so I can get a brake guard on it and then have it as a replacement for the one already on my Daytona 955i so I can do trackdays this year.

It's current bars are blocked at the end so noraml brake guards weren't an option and I cba to replace them.

If this works out, it'll be an A+ bodge/creative solution :)

DS

MartytheMartian

Legendary Knight
It is truly remarkable, I was flicking around the traffic cameras on the Traffic Scotland website and it seems that there is at least a moderate covering of snow just about everywhere in Scotland outside my glen but here we have had a few fitful bursts of teeny tiny flakes. Yes it has been snowing plenty up on the tops of the 'Arrochar Alps' and there is snow on the Rest and Be Thankful but here we have nothing but blue skies, sunshine and ice.

DD67

The Peace Keeper
Staff member
It is truly remarkable, I was flicking around the traffic cameras on the Traffic Scotland website and it seems that there is at least a moderate covering of snow just about everywhere in Scotland outside my glen but here we have had a few fitful bursts of teeny tiny flakes. Yes it has been snowing plenty up on the tops of the 'Arrochar Alps' and there is snow on the Rest and Be Thankful but here we have nothing but blue skies, sunshine and ice.
I have some excellent news Marty! 🙂
It turns out that you live in England 🤗

BAD LUCK DUCK

Forum Duck
So far today the cat as got the tank off drained the fuel by knocking the tank and Jerry can over and removed the fuel plate...Also a cat comes in handy as a neck warmer and makes a job that should have been done in no time last for nearly two hours...It's stringing the job out so it can charge for extra hour labour...That cat thinks I don't know what it's up to...
Oh yeah I took a couple of photos of the inside of the tank so @MartytheMartian Can see what to expect from resealing is tank...
Now I just gotta remove old fuel pump put new Japanese one in ( I guess I did say I was gonna go jap ) and hopefully that's the bike back on the road...
20210211_102233.jpg20210211_102053.jpg20210211_102042.jpg20210211_105053.jpg20210211_105103.jpg20210211_105118.jpg20210211_105236.jpg20210211_113853.jpg